1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Well I dun it! Highlander ed.

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Brian in Tucson, May 19, 2019.

1. Brian in Tucson

Brian in Tucson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And it's not a hybrid. Did the research and there's not much to be gained by all the complexity a hybrid adds to a highlander. And it's not awd. More complexity on an old car. It's an 07, lots of miles, crappy paint and a wonderful interior. When it comes home on monday, I'll post some pic. It really has massive towing capacity and much better fuel economy than my Dodge V8 dakota. Needs work on the brakes, they pulse pretty badly. And a hitch will be here tomorrow.

I kinda hate getting out of hybrids, the 02 Prius is the nicest car I've owned. but space is limited where I live nd the landlord has already gotten after me.

bisco and Mendel Leisk like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats! i agree, my bro looked at highlander back in the day and it wasn't worth it.

now the new rav4h is a total paradigm shift. hopefully that will continue into larger vehicles in the future.

all the best!(y)

3. Brian in Tucson

Brian in Tucson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    As used cars, they're very nice. Not as much fun to drive as the 02 prius, but for hauling stuff and more than 4 passengers, pretty danged good. Lots of Siennas available to, for slightly less money. I ordered about $400 worth of stuff from amazon and rock auto. Really need to do the brakes before I can take it anywhere, really pulses bad after the freeway, coming down to surface streets.

Gonna put my 02 on CL today or tomorrow. If anyone is interested. Trying to decide whether to pull the Uhaul trailer hitch off and try to sell it separately. May gauge interest before I list it.