1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Well I never thought my prius made them jealous...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by parrot_lady, Jan 4, 2006.

1. JKnight

JKnight Member

Around here (SoCal), the very notion of a "passing lane" that isn't filled with traffic is a fantasy on the order of flapping your arms and flying to the moon. If a space opens up that's 100.1% the length of a car, a car will slip into it.

In the HOV lane, I keep up with the flow of traffic. Still (and this is with passengers, so the solo driver rage thing doesn't enter into it), I'll have cars tailgate me to make me speed up, even though there's nowhere for me to go but to rear-end the car ahead of me.

Jan

2. Astrotoy7

Astrotoy7 New Member

some people are nuts....unfortunately I think Im one of them :p

My wife refuses to take me out to visit friends with SUVs because I like to start arguments about how a 3-4 person family needs an SUV to make them feel safe driving around in the suburbs...... it just gets on my goat dammit....

I dont mind SUVs for people who love the great outdoors, camping and trailblazing in hard to reach areas and poeple with large properties etc. But for a mom driving her 8 year old to soccer and McDonalds....it just makes me go freakin bananas :(

*waves fists like crazy person*

3. djasonw

djasonw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd have to agree. SUVs definitely have their place for exactly the reasons you mentioned. I am so glad I have my Prius!!!