1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Well, i simply do not know

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by DaveinOlyWA, Jun 13, 2009.

1. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Start filling at a different station?

2. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    yes thats a good option..
    simple to do and effective if it the mpg will be better

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well, Costco is where i get gas all the time the other Pri has no issues. i guess i can try a different Costco store (have 2 just about the same distance from house)

4. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ok yes.. your gen2 got its gas from the same station... mmmm ok....
    maybe disconneting the 12 volt made the ECU's go into First drive of the factory mode?
    and it will get better over time?

5. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Dave, your not crazy. I'm seeing about a 6MPG difference in my two fills. My ScanGage is off anywhere 6-10 MPG down from the Prius. And I've noticed that after you get 10 miles or more on a trip indicator that the MPG doesn't lose much on pulse's but picks up greater MPG very easy, opposite my old Gen II.

Wayne

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    yep wayne; noticed the same thing. i get on city streets at 30-35 mph, run the battery done 3-4 segments and mileage goes up 2 mpg... on my SPM, mileage might go up 4-6 tenths...

i have analyzed my tanks because of the 5, three were close, the last two were not. now the last two took much longer because no real trips that involved a lot of freeway time. a few that involved some 20-25 mile one way jaunts, but mostly in town 45 mph and under driving.

so kinda looking like there may be a bug when calculating lower speed mileage. it is kinda cool that trip B only resets when you want it too so am leaving it for now to see what its average changes too over a few tanks (doubt it will disagree with Trip A but we see)

either way, not complaining about 62 mpg... although 68 would have been nice.

what i really need is much more data to compare. headed on a trip that will cover 300 miles (now not generated because of mileage issues... was actually planned for mid June but other things kept popping up and had to be delayed. if something happens this weekend, wont be able to make it until mid August)

but will see how it goes then.

also talked with Costco. they actually had someone else report an issue with pump next to mine, but state came out and there were no discrepancies. Also, Costco is well aware of the state's inability to keep up on the calibration so their stations are calibrated by an independent company twice a year. so the likelihood that its their error is pretty much non-existent.