1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Well it doesn't come with a sunroof.....

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by The Electric Me, Jun 1, 2018.

1. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The $200/pp each way transfer between multiple heli-pads in NYC and any of the surrounding airports that BLADE offers is incredible. Go to the pad, or lounge, get in and in 5 minutes you're at the airport.

May have to walk down and heli up the grand canyon. I guess since it's a "rescue" the price is so cheap? Nifty.

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    No, not rescue. Just empty seats that purveyor was keen to fill.

Soon as 'rescue' word gets uttered, whole playing board gets tilted and money flows downhill. Never say rescue.

3. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    To my great surprise, San Francisco scenic heli-tours can fly under deck of Golden Gate Bridge.

Me: "Is this legal?"
    Pilot: "Yes"
    Me: "Yáʼátʼééh!"

4. 2k1Toaster

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Oh I get it now. I thought this was those people that follow you around from the parks service and don't want you there after park close so try to get you out. I've heard of them putting you on a horse or donkey, but not helicopter.

Once the Dubai sky taxis come out, I am flying to DBX to try them out. :)

tochatihu likes this.
  5. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Dubai sky taxis. Well, y'see, there we differ. One is an early adopter and it's not me.

Trying to Prius this. In 2001 I bought the car with very little doubt that Toyota would cover my butt. And they did! It was great. Would be hard to identify any way I suffered in that transaction. My readers here have, and do, but that's not my problem :)

Sky taxis... exactly what would I have to cough up to get into Toaster's will?

6. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Cars and watches go hand and hand, you can't just have one.....

7. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Things may have changed, but (a few) helicopters usta take sling loads down to Havasu village. Empty seats out means - just what you'd imagine.

8. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Orenji is colorful.

Carry on kids. millstone needs my nose.

9. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You're just facing time, I guess! :whistle:

bisco likes this.
  10. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

Weekend laugh for y'all

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  11. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Shoot!! Should have posted you're just saving time.
    Still, in good old Basil Fawlty style - I've thrashed my tablet to within an inch of is life with a rubber mallet. That'll teach it not to alter my text! :mad:

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  12. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This is true.
    A while ago, I helped my Dad in dealing with my grandfathers estate after he passed away. I wouldn't call my Grandparents, "hoarders" but they were from a generation that lived through the Great Depression and I think this made them really value the possessions they eventually were able to obtain. They really never got rid of much of anything they ever bought or received. They didn't buy duplication but for example? If someone gave them Tiki Torches in 1955? Even if they NEVER used them, they still had those Tiki Torches, in the original boxes.. in 2000...

But anyway, in trying to organize and deal with the estate we had to go through so much stuff. And that is what I think we discovered. A lot of things you think may have value, when you go to really look them up, often the value isn't any more than common garage sale or thrift store resale value.

There are flip side exceptions. The Antique Road Show finds, and things. But a lot of common stuff that people assume is collectible or of value, sometimes,- often really is not.

Unfortunately maybe, what can be of value is sometimes so surprising, that I would still recommend people research value. Because the exceptions with value can make it all worthwhile.

Raytheeagle, bisco and RCO like this.
  13. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    You want Tiki torches? How 'bout a fire pit? Anyone need a shoe shine kit? A slide projector missing it's transport (and I already have a functional slide projector, that I never use.) A slide viewer (same story). Well meaning off-spring have got me so many thoughtful gifts over the years...

Then our kids just "leave some stuff with mom and dad", and it sits, for decades. I'll occasionally remind them, and they say hey you could put it on Craig's List. Yeah right.

We do have some dead-useful items. A vegetable pealer with date stamped on the inside, 1943. Use it daily, gotta have carrots sticks. It's all metal, will basically last forever.

#53 Mendel Leisk, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    bisco and RCO like this.
  14. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Glad I'm not made of metal, then! I certainly don't want to last forever - well not unless I can taking the health and vigo(u)r I enjoyed in my mid twenties (n) :ROFLMAO:(y)

Mendel Leisk and bisco like this.
  15. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i also found that most old coins are worth more melted down than on the collectors market. they have to be incredibly rare and close to mint to be worth any substantial amount.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  16. 2k1Toaster

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Partly because the "old" coins from the past couple hundred years had way more silver and copper in them, less nickel and such.

But some old rare coins are especially cool. Never owned but have been able to view up close an old Roman Brutus coin. Stamped with the Ides of March, a helmet, and a couple swords, the coin Brutus commissioned to celebrate the killing of Julius Caesar. Easily worth over $100K USD when I looked at it. I think more recently one sold for over $300K USD. :eek:

17. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not the British ones any longer. Only made from cheap crud these days!

bisco likes this.
  18. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    same here. started in the seventies.

RCO likes this.
  19. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    US quarters were 90% silver from 1932 until 1964. 2018 'melt value' is $3 each. Sounds good except a 1964 dollars inflated to $8 by 2018. So holding is generally a losing proposition. 1932 dollar has inflated to >$17.

There are rare years (and mints); see

1932-1964 Washington Silver Quarter Melt Value - Coinflation

You don't have uncirculated coins, or you would not be reading this 'layman' message. If struck features are very clear you may have extra fine grade. Prior to year 1941, many extra fine quarters have beaten inflation. Fine grade means struck features are worn but still distinguishable. Only 1932 are winners at that grade.

This does not necessarily mean Washington is a 'bust'. Price of silver might increase in future faster than inflation leaks.

Now, readers may pour out their coin hordes for a look. If you find one, notice that it 'rings' differently than more-recent sandwich coins. Aesthetics...

20. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's amazing (to me) how little an early 1800's coin in good condition is worth.