1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Well, it's been a week since Pre-Order began

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by 9G-man, Nov 24, 2011.

1. devprius

devprius /dev/geek

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My understanding was that the pre-order system had over 40,000 people registered, and out of those 40,000 people, some 3000 people so far have committed to buying a vehicle, at least in terms of agreeing on a price with a dealer and giving them a deposit. Until the cars start actually arriving on the dealers' lot, sales contracts have been signed, and money has been exchanged, no cars have actually been sold yet.

2. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The car really isn't, in itself, a game changer, in my opinion. If it went 50 or 75 miles electric only, it'd be something else. But in present form, it strikes me as a bit fringe for the average consumer.

I suspect that, after the initial wave of early adopters/sticker seekers passes, these cars will end up on dealer's lots, like any other Prius. At that point, a majority of folks will end up buying them with little concern about the plug-in aspect of their operation.

The sales pitch will be something like: "This one has (insert option or package of choice) and it's the color you want. Oh, right, it's also a plug in...but it'll drive just like a regular Prius and you don't have to use that feature if you don't want to."

We'll see.

3. Kahuna69

Kahuna69 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    I have a completed order with no deposit. The dealer called and said only MSRP and I agreed. He put in order. I'll wait and see when it arrives.

4. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I would not be suprised that the Californians will go to other states to buy them once the CarPool stickers come online...