1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Well Toyota??? I'm waiting

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by mmcdonal, Sep 5, 2011.

1. mmcdonal

mmcdonal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So it seems that all of the Prius v (and other future model) information has been removed from the Toyota site, in favor of the 2012 Corolla release (... pssst, Mike, that is a Camry, not a Corolla) oh, sorry, I've just been informed that that is for the 2012 Camry, and not the 2012 Corolla. Who knew?

Toyota and Lexus do this: Announce a coming model with much fanfare, then nothing for a year or more. If you sign up for updates, nothing comes but rehashes of the same info, and maybe some temporary model configurators - I guess to get info on which options potential buyers are after for the first release spec builds.

Well, I know we are talking about November, but honestly.

Make mine a red Prius v Five with everything, and parchment leather (or fake leather I think is what they are using.) No moon roof, and a ceiling mounted entertainment system. Thanks. I'm still waiting...

:nerd:

2. Kore971

Kore971 PEDD-CESC

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Actually the info is still there.., you just have to roll over the prius in the "Hybrids" subsection, and 'prius family' is an option in that menu....

3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yeah, the Prius family page is still up Toyota Prius Family

And it still says Prius v coming fall 2011 (and the plug in and Prius c spring 2012)...

4. mmcdonal

mmcdonal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I stand corrected. They changed the graphic, but still present the same 3 lame pictures. Yeesh. Maybe I should try decaffeinated.

5. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You are doomed no matter what you do. I HATE that GM lied about all that 230 MPG the Volt was GOING to get, and once a real car is released it can't measure up to the lies you spewed while waiting.

If on the other hand, you wait until you have a car to sell, you raise the ire of the OP who wants to know every detail before Toyota does.

Perhaps car makers should just run ads with polar bears hugging car owners.