1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wet Okole Seat Covers / Black in Black/Bisque

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Scafremon, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Scafremon

Scafremon Junior Member

Here are some pics of my seat covers. I went solid black on the covers wiht full piping.

Obligatory Clean Car Glamour Shot

[​IMG]

I think the all black covers compliment the interior, which already has quote a bit of black.

[​IMG]

I remmoved the center console lid, and removed the existing cloth, then wrapped the cover Wet Okole provided around it. This helps the lid to close in a more normal fashion.

[​IMG]

Went with the back seat covers too.

[​IMG]

Still need to touch up the install in a few places, such as the back of the seats. With a little more attention to the velcro attachments, I should be able to smooth out the small wrinkles/folds.

[​IMG]

Jeff

2. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Very nice. I have the exact Black exterior with Bisque interior.

Where did you buy the covers and how much was it? Is it leather?

3. Scafremon

Scafremon Junior Member

Bought from wetokole.com

Just under $600, which includes installation, but I installed them myself for something to do.

They are a neoprene material, like a wetsuit.

4. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Can they do a custom logo, one that is not in their online catalog?

5. Scafremon

Scafremon Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doc Willie @ Nov 3 2007, 02:58 PM) [snapback]534417[/snapback]</div>
    I believe so, but the logo would be 'heat transferred', at a cost of $40 for the pair of front seats. I'd look into having it embroidered if you wanted a logo, for probably close to same price, and woudl probably last longer.

6. drifty1955

drifty1955 New Member

Thats bad nice person dude. Those covers make the interior! Looks wicked! Now try removing the dress rings on the wheels. They will look so much better. Try it. They got little slots in the ring edges to pry them out but don't use a screwdriver as it might slip and scratch the wheel rim.. I know...ouch... Think like a minute hammer claw thing that pry's the dress ring away from the wheel. Thanks again for the headrests!

7. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just pull the dress rings off with your fingers.
    Some people prefer the look with them on.

8. Scafremon

Scafremon Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Drifty'sDad @ Nov 3 2007, 06:37 PM) [snapback]534479[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks Drifty. I'm very pleased with the results. I waffled so much on making the color decision for these seat covers that iHOP thought I was competing with them. :D

As for the trim rings, I have had them on and off multiple times, and am still undecided on which look I prefer. On one hand, the silly plastic rings give the Prius that 'look' that is so...Prius. On the other hand, putting a plastic ring over an alloy wheel just seems wrong.

Having said that, the Prius is unique enough in other appearance manners, that the trim rings have been shelved....but I may waffle on this too. :rolleyes:

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    very nice! Almost looks blue and similar to the new HCH's blue/beige interior. Well done!

10. kren2000

kren2000 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Doesn't this interfere with the side-air bags? That's the main reason I've not gotten seat covers -- even though I'd really like them...

Karen

11. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Nope. They are certified for side air bags. There are openings in the sides to allow for airbag inflation.

12. PriusFan808

PriusFan808 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The install looks great. Don't worry about the wrinkles; they will come out on their own. Did you buy the shampoo and UV protectant for them? Was the console cover extra or part of the front seat package?

13. Tranceient

Tranceient New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello everyone, this is my first post!

I just got my brand spanking new black 08 package 2 prius 2 weeks ago!!! Could not be happier! I wanted a dark interior but I couldn't locate a black one with dark interior in SC/NC or GA, so I went with the bisque. I actually love the look of the black Okole seat covers on the bisque and I have already purchased black all weather floormats and a black all weather hatch mat (all from the local Targe and they fit great with a little trimming).

My question is, how HOT do these seat covers get in the summer? The temps here are BRUTAL in the dead of summer and that time is rapidly approaching? Even with a 30% tint on everything I am fearing a nasty case of crotch rot!!

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance...

-Ryan

14. Tranceient

Tranceient New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Also, the Okole website says the front installs without dis-assembly, but what is required to put the back covers on?

Thanks again!

15. Tranceient

Tranceient New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  16. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You have to unclip the front seat back flaps so you can route the wet okole straps through. This is not too hard. You just reach under the seat and unclip the stock straps. To install the covers on the rear seat you have to remove it. If you sit in the back seat the clip will be between your legs in front. There is one on each side. Pull up on near these areas. There is a clip in the back so you need to push down at the back near the center and pull out. To install the arm rest cover I had to remove the stock cover from the arm rest. You might be able to put it on without removing the stock cover but it will be a tight fit. I dint remember how to remove the arm rest but if you want to instructions on how to do it I can send them to you.

17. Tranceient

Tranceient New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    thanks !! If it's not too much trouble to locate the instructions to remove the armrest it would be much appreciated... your seats look great!