1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wet Okole Seat Covers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by B Rad, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    the cut out is for the side seat air bag. They make the seat covers for the seats with or without the air bags. I think after reviewing this thread, and B Rad and Pale Alien's degree of satisfaction, I'm going to have to get some of the "wet suit" material in a grey, or grey with black trim. They seem to match the toyota grey interior very well. Thanks for posting folks. It is a great help!!

2. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B Rad @ Jul 17 2006, 05:15 PM) [snapback]287732[/snapback]</div>
    BRad, what color is your cover? The Okole # Is is #11 charcoal, #21 gray, etc. thanks

3. B Rad

B Rad New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ajs @ Aug 25 2006, 05:53 PM) [snapback]309546[/snapback]</div>
    Yes ! You got it!!!!!

4. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Has anybody seen a really great color that would be perfect in these seat covers for the Barcelona Red?

I'm all for adding a little more padding to these seats - is this really a noticeable difference in comfort?

5. NorwoodIV

NorwoodIV New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Claudia @ Aug 31 2006, 11:33 PM) [snapback]312586[/snapback]</div>
    I assume you have the grey interior...

I did the charcoal grey with light grey piping. Very conservative. They look very sporty. I love them!

Order swatches first. I'd say you can be as crazy as you want. I was boring. Get "electric guacamole" if you like.

The comfort improves a reasonable amount. It adds a thick layer of wetsuit material, so it is a bit more spongy. It won't give you a back massage.

The biggest benefit is the stain resistance...

They are $500+ for a full set, but that's much cheaper than leather, and just as easy to maintain...

6. Claudia

Claudia New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pale Alien @ Sep 1 2006, 12:45 AM) [snapback]312591[/snapback]</div>
    I should have said - it's the light tan interior. When we found the Prius sitting unclaimed on a lot, I wasn't about to quibble about the color of the interior, especially with the outside that gorgeous red!

I thought about getting swatches, but it seems they only send swatches from some of their covers . . . the wickedly wild ones I'm looking at - like the red hibiscus, and another print with lots of red in it, aloha blue, or some such - don't seem to qualify for swatches, and neither does just the plain red. How does the red piping compare with the Barcelona red of the car - that's the
    kind of question that's hard to answer without a look at the material!

I think the ride on the Prius could be a little higher on the comfort scale - I'm hoping these seatcovers will help just a bit in that direction.

Has anyone tried the covers with the lumbar supports?

7. FL Buckeye

FL Buckeye Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Claudia @ Sep 2 2006, 01:36 AM) [snapback]312949[/snapback]</div>
    Are you sure? I didn't go all the way to conclusion on ordering, but was able to request any three colors by clicking on the "Swatches" button at the top. There are a few colors that they say they always send you swatches before making the seat covers, like tan or any color with the * next to it. And you are limitted to certain colors if you want the full piping. I don't want the black outer panels so am limited to 7 colors to chose from with the full piping. I also have the Barcelona Red with tan interior. Decisions, decisions...

8. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B Rad @ Aug 25 2006, 07:15 PM) [snapback]309553[/snapback]</div>
    B Rad, I ordered my wet okole's last week with a custom logo...Once I get it i I will take some photos...I've done a bunch of mods, as you can see by my signature,but figured I would wait until I was done before posting....I got the half pipe with charcoal interior..I think it is going to look very sharp with the gray interior. The colors match just about perfectly...thanks for your postings. It helped my decision.

9. Claudia

Claudia New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FL Buckeye @ Sep 5 2006, 11:05 AM) [snapback]314531[/snapback]</div>
    You're right - there are two different pages that talk about swatches, and one says to refer to the ones with the asterick (sic) and the other allows you to order any of them. D'oh. I didn't find that second page until about 3 a.m. this morning.

I think I've decided to do the simple thing - black on the outer panels, red center and half piping. I'd rather have the outer panels a tan instead of black, but that's not one of the choices. I thought about doing what you are with one of the 7 solid colors - problem for me is, of that list, I'd probably go with black if I were going by looks - and I don't want to darken up the interior with all black, plus it gets hot around here, and all black wouldn't help that!

10. B Rad

B Rad New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ajs @ Sep 5 2006, 10:21 AM) [snapback]314540[/snapback]</div>
    Custom Logo!! Thats the one thing I wish I had ordered. Waiting for your Pic's

11. cindyl

cindyl New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Claudia @ Sep 2 2006, 12:36 AM) [snapback]312949[/snapback]</div>
    sorry to weigh in so late in this thread - however, i had "wets" on my jeep wrangler (which i traded for my prius!) for about 8 years (had 'em on 2 jeeps) and they looked great ! a little sun faded after all that time but probably wouldn't have been if i had cleaned them more often. they helped the ride in the jeep significantly - raised my up, softened the seat, warmer in winter, cooler in summer and took the spilling of coffee well. Easy to clean pet hair off, too. I am saving my pennies to get a set for the Prius. Totally worth the dollars to get 'em.

G

12. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B Rad @ Sep 5 2006, 03:57 PM) [snapback]314708[/snapback]</div>
    Just got the seat covers in...Will be installing soon, as I broke my thumb a few weeks ago..Not sure if I can install these puppies with a cast on..BUT I SHALL TRY!

13. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B Rad @ Jul 17 2006, 05:15 PM) [snapback]287732[/snapback]</div>
    BRad, just finished installing my wet okole's...They look and fit great. All the tips about installation found on this site made it a very easy install..I am hopeful to get some pictures of the car this weekend..I'll try to figure out how to get the on this site..Or maybe in the album section..Not sure...But really nice look..You can imagine my custom logo by my avatar.