1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What’s her value?

Discussion in 'Prius Cars For Sale' started by liberate88, Jul 30, 2022.

1. liberate88

liberate88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Im ready to part with my 2007 Prius with 220,000 miles. Her hybrid battery is up for repair. The diagnostic showed it was #12 that wasn’t holding a good charge. The battery fan is also blowing really loudly. I tried to fix it by cleaning the corrosion on the plug and it did help for a little bit but I know I didn’t do a very thorough job so it could be just that. The whole rear well area has quite a bit of rust because of the leaking hatch so I know there’s probably other corrosion besides that one plug and for example there’s rust underneath the 12 V battery. She has two dents in the front bumper,one on each side, (not by me, that was previous owners). And the interior is just a bit worn and discolored and things like that.

What she has going for her is that last year I had the inverter water pump replaced. And just before the battery issues came up I put new tires on her last minute and they’re pretty nice $800 45,000 mile tires that I think only drove 1000 maybe 1500 miles. I had it thoroughly checked out in may and said everything mechanically looked good except the timing cover is allowing a slow leak, and the front end doesn’t offer the smoothest ride.

I was hoping for $1,800, thoughts?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I think $1800 is a reasonable price to ask. You'd be surprise how many people would want it at that price.

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I might try to judge the price if it had a "refurb" $800 battery. If it was then worth $4500 it would be worth the upgrade.

#3 rjparker, Jul 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
  4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I might be able to find someone in Western Washington to buy this and we could come out with a replacement battery pack to drive it home. You'd deal direct with the buyer, I'd just assist. How many hours from the main highway in Eastern Washington is your location?

5. liberate88

liberate88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    we have thought about this, though I live in a small town and closest city is an hour and a half drive on the highway. And would it be just $800? I thought refurbs cost more than that, plus the labor fees.

#5 liberate88, Jul 31, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  6. liberate88

liberate88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There’s a couple of freeways in eastern Washington, but we are 6.5 hours from Kennewick in southeastern WA near the 82

7. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Refurbs are just mix and matched used cells in an old battery assembly. A get you by for a while solution. The supplier takes your battery and changes out a few cells for the next guy. You need to let your fingers do the walking and call around.

The actual swap is usually less than an hour. I guarantee anyone who buys it from you will flip it using this solution and make $2k or more even considering their time.

#7 rjparker, Jul 31, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2022