1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What 12V battery would you recommend? Additionally, is there anywhere else I can hookup the leads?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Joe Wall, May 12, 2024.

1. Joe Wall

Joe Wall Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'm a travel nurse so I don't always have a plethora of tools and etc. I woke up and it said the 12V was dead. I never had anyone else jump this car yet. It is a 2017 Prius Prime. My first question is there anywhere else I can try to jump this?

Secondly what 12V battery would you recommend if the battery is dead? I'm hoping to get one off Amazon or go to Autozone or etc to get one ASAP. It's 7 years old with 58k miles on it. I'm worried about my commute tomorrow. Any advice?

\

Attached Files:

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Looks like it takes an H4 aka 140R, you can get that from many sources including Walmart, and they often have the freshest.

Autozone, Advance & O'Reilly will also typically carry this size.

3. Doug McC

Doug McC Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    In your situation I would seriously suggest you go with a Toyota replacement with the dealership doing it. 8 year warranty with free towing? One dead battery will pay for any additional cost and you won’t have to be running around to get it going. JMHO

4. Brian1954

Brian1954 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III