1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What about a used Volt?

Discussion in 'Chevrolet Volt' started by Silver bullit, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Silver bullit

Silver bullit Right Lane Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I see that used Volts with about 30,000 miles are available for 19-20k now. Does that sound like a fair deal?

2. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ...sounds about the same cost as a used PiP maybe $1k more.

Well I do not know but check CARB warranty: I am thinking some Volts do not qualify, and some do, for 10-yr 150k miles.

If CARB applies to vehicle, GM and FORD CARB warranty rules seem much simpler than Toyota: if you have a CARB certified GM or FORD and you are registered in a CARB state, then you are covered. However, unlike Prius for which all Prii are CARB-compliant, GM and FORD's you have to check that the vehicle is CARB-certified version on the sticker under the hood has to say the right thing.

Silver bullit likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i would look around, some people claim to be getting them for that price brand new. i suppose it depends on location. if that's the best you can do, it seems like a great deal to me.

Silver bullit likes this.
  4. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That's correct about older Volts being different. The "low emissions package" was announced for California buyers in late 2011. That meant they'd get longer warranty coverage (like other PZEV rated vehicles) and be eligible for single-occupant HOV access stickers.