1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What about you?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by bobusa, Sep 17, 2016.

1. bobusa

bobusa Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    With my 2 weeks old Prius Four 2016 with ATP AND CONVENIENCE PACKAGE l look for more opportunities to Parallel Park and Back up Park. And the car does it perfectly for me. . What about you?

2. MichelleStone

MichelleStone Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I've had mine three weeks and haven't had a single opportunity to try it out. There aren't any places requiring either near where I live. I do live out in the sticks. I sure want to give it a go, though.

3. Gen 2 Tom

Gen 2 Tom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    After 7500 miles I've had the rear end collision warning engage at least four times. It gets sensitive when your accelerating and the car in front of you is slowing. Just yesterday I was taking off from a light in traffic. I let a large gap develop between me and the car in front, he must have slowed up and I didn't notice as I was still slowly accelerating. The warning came on. That sound gets your attention. If I wasn't already going for the brake I was after the beeping. I had room to stop, but as I got onto to the brake the braking was aggressive. I don't think I hit the brakes that hard, so I think the car applied additional braking. I really like the car being the back seat driver.

4. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Owner's Manual:
    "PRE-CRASH BRAKE ASSIST - When the system determines that the possibility of a frontal collision is high, the system applies greater braking force in relation to how strongly the brake pedal is depressed"

RCO and Coast Cruiser like this.
  5. MichelleStone

MichelleStone Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I wanted to see just what happened and couldn't wait for the car to take over before I applied the brakes. So it worked. No more testing!

RCO and alanclarkeau like this.