1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What America could buy for $145 billion dollars (the 2007 Iraq war budget).

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mirza, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Mirza

Mirza New Member

2. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(viking31 @ Feb 16 2007, 09:55 AM) [snapback]391372[/snapback]</div>
    Ok, that's just plain idiotic. Countries that disagree with our foregin policy are suppossed to NUKE us? What planet are you living on.

I have friends in foreign coutries too (Ireland, Japan). The pictures they see on their news from Iraq are a lot less censored (i.e., bloody) than what we see. I had my friend in Japan back in 2004 ask me what the F is happening over here, and spent a long conversation with him describing how our media has become spineless or just open propaganda.

But you're right. The world loves us. We can tell because they haven't NUKED us.

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Feb 16 2007, 09:16 AM) [snapback]391380[/snapback]</div>
    "If the world hates us so much why don't they initiate military action against us? Plenty of those countries you claim to hate us have nuclear capability and could figuratively and literally render US soil as glass within minutes with the push of a few buttons. But they don't. And won't.

Wonder why? "

A lot of the "hate" for the US as expressed by foreign countries is for their public consumption.

If they really hate us, stop trading with us, stop taking our foreign aid, etc.

If they were to attack us, it would be suicide for them.

And some of us have unusual friendships :rolleyes:

4. Mirza

Mirza New Member

Unusual to anyone who watches Faux news.

5. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(viking31 @ Feb 16 2007, 07:55 AM) [snapback]391372[/snapback]</div>
    Lets see... they nuke us, we nuke them, and they all die. I think self preservation is probably at the top of their mind.

Also, America is essentially one huge money tree. We're throwing it away to foreign countries, and they're happy to take it and let our debt support their life style. Who would want to nuke such a generous money tree?

6. Mirza

Mirza New Member