1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

what an idea

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by ChapmanF, Jun 4, 2016.

1. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This is a great idea, I will have to try it on my 2010, seems like Gen 3 has the same problem too.

I was just noticing last night that the auto-dimming worked great when there was plenty of traffic behind me, but often if there was only one car following me, I would have the headlights full in my eyes and the mirror would not react.

I figured out it was the bar across the window shadowing the sensor on the mirror, when I saw that I could speed up and add some distance to the car behind, and then the mirror would dim right down as soon as the angle changed enough that the light was not shadowed from the sensor.

I was contemplating really geeky ideas like taking the mirror apart, unsoldering the sensor and using a length of wire to remount it at the back of the car, maybe near the backup camera.

Glad to see this thread though, just turning the mirror upside down sounds like a lot less work if it does the trick.

-Chap