1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What are Dealers Doing on Gen II's Now if you Take Them in For Service?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by joe1347, Feb 28, 2010.

1. joe1347

joe1347 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    As pointed out in the Bulletin Above, the Gen II is subject to the Floor Mat entrapment recall.

Any advice on what to say to the dealer when taking a Gen II in for routine service?

For example, does the floor mat fix still involve cable ties to lock your floor mats to the floor? Or does the dealer just insure that the factory floor mats were installed correctly.

I also seem to remember that the Gen II might have an accelerator pedal replacement somehow associated with the floor mat entrapment. Strange, but is that what the dealer should be doing?

Anything else that the dealer is doing to the Gen II's with all of the nonsense going on now? For example, is anyone noticing that their firmware is quietly being upgraded?

Anything else to ask about or request to have done that the dealer won't do unless specifically requested?

2. spinkao

spinkao New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll be taking my gen II to the dealer for a regular maintenance soon (I could change the oil and do the other things myself, but currently have no time for that and also the missing seal from the service department in the maintenance record would affect future resale value of my car), and I shall leave my "mats of death" clipped firmly in place. Will tell them not to dare to touch them. As well as not to mess up my tire pressures etc. If they do, they are dead.

As for the firmware update or go-pedal change, it is not on the current recall list and therefore I am pretty sure they won't do anything like that. I highly doubt they have any "secret firmware update" prepared for the gen IIs, and even less that they would secretly change your gas pedal :).

3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I don't think the dealer has the fix yet for the reshape of the pedal on the Gen II Prius so chances are they won't do anything except maybe tell you to remove your floormats if you have any installed.

There is nothing they will be doing to your firmware concerning the brakes on a Gen II since no recall has been issued.

4. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just went in for 45K service. Nothing was said about my extra floormats, though they are in violation of the recall recommendation.

1 person likes this.