1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What are folks paying now?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by manolo, May 16, 2008.

1. kittykat

kittykat New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I can't believe y'all are finding cars on the lot. I started seriously looking in mid April & no one even had any on the lots to even look at then. Couldn't find one to test drive. Still that way here. Was able to put a refundable deposit down to order one.

2. doeuth

doeuth New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Bought my Prius on April 29th @ Marina Toyota in Marina Del Rey CA. Touring version package #6 with Sirius Radio and Prius carpets for $30,900 out the door.

There were about 13 on the lot the day of my purchase. Two were Touring models. The other Touring model was being bought while I was buying mine.

Two days ago when I had my INViSiON SL DVD headrest system installed, (the first SL system ever installed in a Prius) two different salesmen said that they each had a waiting list of 15 Prius buyers. One even said that currently there were NO brand new Priuses on any lots in the country right now.

3. kittykat

kittykat New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I talked to my salesman 2 days ago & he was telling me that they are selling 6-7 a day & that there is currently about a 5 month waiting list here in Austin. I don't know if that is true or he is just trying to get me to be more patient.:rolleyes: I wouldn't be surprised if there was that long of a wait.

4. greylar

greylar New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I think I called every dealership in the northwest and they all laughed when I asked if they had any available. Most had a waiting list of 10 or more (read 6-12 weeks) Some were even saying 4 months. I finally found one that is due to arrive next week at G&B Motors in Havre, MT. Paid $26,600 for #5 with a few extras including all fees. Very nice guys. Easy to work with. Not a steal but considering every other dealer wanted sticker I feel I did all right. For those of you looking it may be worth checking with the very small rural dealers. They don't get as many vehicles but not near as many people trying to buy from them either.

G

5. aljorma

aljorma New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just ordered one in Watertown Mass 2008 Prius ( HG, WL, CF, HZ, FE, ) $24,600. I Wanted PKG. 2 . I was told that these initials represent my package 2 .

What do you think?

PS: I was told 6 to 8 weeks

6. tripletdad53

tripletdad53 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yes, that is a package #2. Good luck! I'm sure you are gonig to love it.

7. farrell

farrell New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Bought my blue, 2008 package 6 today at MSRP. No deals and a 6-8 week wait.

These cars sure have gotten popular!

8. nooaah

nooaah New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I ended up going to another dealership. They had a better deal, seemed much more knowledgable and professional, and really wanted my business. I'm paying 25,600/MSRP for a Package 3 Mag Grey Touring. My trade-in is exceptional, so it makes up for not being able to budge on the price. My order will be in within the month. :D

9. George S.

George S. New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I was out looking today -- no Prius on the lots and a 6-8 week wait. They will not negotiate a penny (at least at this dealership) and you are expected to pay the full MSRP. This was in Bel Air, MD. If anyone knows of a better deal in MD - please post. Thanks.

10. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I pick up my Package #2 tomorrow - no trade, no financing (not much chance to pad their margin). We'll see if I actually get the price I was quoted.

11. jag12

jag12 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I ordered my 2008 Package 4 today in Springfield, Virginia (Kay Jennings' Springfield Toyota). (I shopped all around the DC Metro area). I told them I didn't care about color. There's a 6-8 week waitlist. $500 deposit. All over town, I was told no deals, MSRP only (which I was told was 25,914, which included the 660 destination charge) plus a 379 processing fee, plus 3.17% tax, plus tags/title/registration $61.50.

I negotiated $25,515 (including destination charge), $100 processing fee, 3.17% tax, plus taxes/title/registration $61.50. No other dealership would take this deal in Virgina, but this is what I was offered in Maryland, and this was the one dealership in Virginia that was willing to match. (FYI, the dealership in MD was Beltway Toyota, but I wouldn't recommend them, I had to pull teeth to get them to tell me what they believed MSRP was and the salesperson knew less than I did. On the other hand, MD is limited by law to a 100 dollar "processing fee."

12. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    FYI, I picked up the car today at CarMax Laurel Toyota and they did honor the prices I mentioned above. I've bought ~10 cars in my life, and this was by far the best car buying experience I have ever had. Great price (given current market conditions), absolutely no hard sell at all for accessories or extended warranty. CarMax recruits young college graduates, and you can really tell that the sales staff are intelligent, caring, and honest - a huge step up from the slime we have encountered at the dealer that is ~2 miles from my house (no names to protect the guilty). Our salesman at CarMax was Schem, and I recommend him highly. I found his name on this forum from a guy who drove up from Florida to buy a car from them - thanks PriusChat!

CarMax is a no-haggle dealer, and their prices on Prius have gone up some due to market conditions since I locked in my deal (not a scam, just business realities). However, they are still selling Package 2 for about $650 below MSRP - but I suspect you'll have to wait a LONG time for one.

13. lululawless

lululawless New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I bought my 2008 Package #2 on March 30, sticker was 24,700. Got them to take $500 off the sticker and they threw in the window tint for free. My only gripe was their "Dealer Fee" of $795 dollars!!! So that kinda cancelled out the sticker discount. But it was Seaside Pearl, and I was in love with it. :DOther than that, it was a good experience, this was in Delray Beach FL.(I also met Sarah Silverman's father while waiting in the customer lounge to pick it up after tinting. Kinda cool.)

14. spitinuri

spitinuri Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Truly amazing. I just checked autotrader.com and used Prius 2005 with 50,000 miles for a little over $29,000. Wow.

15. My2008Prius

My2008Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <=== 2008, Magnetic Grey non-touring Prius with Package #2 and added distributor option of Leather Seats ($1150). Out the door for $23,900 dollars back in January, and it was the ONLY car on the BOAT to this dealer.

I have a cousin working for Southeast Toyota Distributors who hooked me up with the leather seats for no charge. Everything else was up to the salesman, Larry, at Ernie Palmer Toyota in Jacksonville, FL. I was in and out in just over an hour, after putting down my down payment on a Friday as insurance that SET would indeed put in the leather seats on Monday, which they did. It was ready on a Tuesday and I was gone quick.

Good luck to all looking to purchase one.

16. TravelBliss

TravelBliss It's worth the wait !!!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ^^^^^^
    This is the norm now, at least it has been in FL.

17. Prius4ever

Prius4ever New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have been a happy Prius owner now for one month. I purchased from a dealer a used 2008 Prius with 7,000 miles (one owner) for $24,500, magnetic gray, package #2.

The weekend I started to shop around for them, there seemed to be many Priuses available. Still, when I found this car online at a dealer about 65 miles away, I grabbed it. They said it was the first day they had it advertised.

I'm so glad I didn't hesitate because my husband is looking at buying a Prius too and the supply has really diminished. (That's what he gets for buying just two months ago, *gasp* a '06 Jeep Commander with its glorious 12 mpg!)

(What was he thinking? He wasn't thinking! I can't imagine the loss he is going to take on it.)

At least I have my Prius I love!

18. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The local Arco is now $4.05.

I paid $4.13 to gas up the rental in San Jose, CA on Saturday.

19. cruizerstylin

cruizerstylin New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I picked mine up 20MAY08 - 2008, 2miles, Package#6, Red. Paid 28.3K out the door.

Be sure to view Edmunds - DEALER RATINGS & REVIEWS

My dealer tried to mess me up by stealing my trade...

20. Jeremiahjj

Jeremiahjj New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    $500 under MSRP + no dealer handling.