1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What are folks paying now?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by manolo, May 16, 2008.

1. RJ1229

RJ1229 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi everyone, just got my Black package 6 last night. Paid sticker for it, just a little over $28k. Car is getting cleaned up today and will be picking it up after work.

2. dawint

dawint Former AudiWorld Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Got mine last night .... 08 Touring with package #6

paid $1000 over MSRP of $28,500 ... plus I got 84/100000

3. atallap

atallap New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi I'm in san diego as well and am just wondering what dealership you got it at and how long your wait was? Thanks

4. eko

eko New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm in Tampa and we spent most of Memorial day weekend looking for a new Prius with Pkg 2 for the wife. Seems like everyone in the area was saying a 6-8 week wait and most were adding on a $2000 to $3000 market adjustment charge. A Pkg 2 would end up costing us from $29K to $31K out the door. Finally called a dealer out of the Tampa area and put a $1000 down on it, received a call today that it will be on the lot on June 14th. Total cost with tax & license $26,197 which I can live with.

My 79 yr old in-laws have a 2006 Prius and we borrowed it for 2 weeks to see if we would like it or not. The mileage is great & low emissions are good for the enviroment and all, but I like gadgets and to me the Prius is a gadjet one can ride in. This car just amazes me. :)

5. Prius77094

Prius77094 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Got my 08' Prius with #6 package in about 3 weeks from Autoway Toyota in Pinellas Park, Florida. I took delivery 10 days ago. I have a family member who works for Autoway Dodge, so that may have helped to get it quickly. There was no negotiating with the MSRP. I paid $27,805 + 6.25% sales tax. I paid a grand total of $29,545
    Oh wait, add $122.00 for the Prius Body Side Mouldings I just ordered from Priuschat.com! Next comes the heavy duty floor mats...

6. RJ1229

RJ1229 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi atallap, I got my prius at Toyota of chula vista of Main street. Actually I didn't put my name on a waiting list or anything like that. I went in about 6 weeks ago and talked to a guy named Tomas. I let him know what package I was looking for and asked him to give me a call anytime. The package 6 I got just happen to come in and he gave me a ring.

7. SparrowHawk60

SparrowHawk60 Happy to be green!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Could not believe my eyes! Gas at the Sunoco Station on Route 52 in Newburgh, NY HAS GONE DOWN! Was $4.15, now $4.05 a gallon! Wow, what a savings! NOT! :mad: :mad: :mad:

8. jjksutton

jjksutton New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I got in the list on 26 May at Central Florida Toyota (wanted a Spectra Blue Pkg 2). Got the call today with our VIN...we'll have exactly what we asked for by 24 Jun (less than a month from the start).

I worked with Courtney there and she did a great job from the start. Paid MSRP...nothing more. Couldn't be happier.

9. silverfirguy@hotmail.com

[email protected] Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I paid $22,277 plus doc fees and sales tax for a 2008 Spectra Blue Mica Package#2, non-touring in January 08.

10. Leslie_M

Leslie_M Waiting is the hardest part...

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I ordered my 2008 pkg 6 touring-or-base Prius yesterday at a dealership outside Knoxville, TN. The dealership is charging me full MSRP with no add-on fees, unlike other local dealerships I contacted.

However, a dealership in Nashville, TN called me yesterday to let me know they had a 2008 white pkg 6 touring available for immediate delivery for $3500 above MSRP. I would have loved to have gotten the car right away, but I wasn't willing to pay that much over MSRP so I declined.

11. SparrowHawk60

SparrowHawk60 Happy to be green!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

WTFO??? Yesterday $4.05, Today same station, probably the same gas $4.31! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Great quote I heard the other day:
    The price of gas goes up like a rocket and comes down like a feather! :eek: :eek:

12. Stier

Stier New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I purchased my 2008 Prius Barcelona Red Touring #5 for $27,900 in Wisconsin. I was driving a dodge caravan to work every day and need a better commuter vehicle to work (26mi round trip). It is nice not to spend $60-$80 a week for gas. :bounce::bounce:

13. alexmac56

alexmac56 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Put my name on the list and deposit last night ( Msrp ). I can't believe i paid Msrp but tried many dealers on Long Island and they wanted to play games. Finaly ended up at Sunrise Toyota , straight talk and fair trade allowance. 20 plus people on the list may be a long time...:mad::mad:

14. rjg9700

rjg9700 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Bought the only Prius in Central Indiana 2.5 weeks ago for 29.5K. Bought it while it was still on the train being delivered. It's a 2008 red, package #5, and the option for floor mats, first aid kit, and nets. Also, put in XM Radio. Had 7 miles on it. If you get XM, do not follow 2006-2008 installation instructions. If you do it youself, or let toyota do it, DO NOT :flame:put the antenna on the dash. You will not get signal if you drive near anything taller than the car :mad2:. Follow the directions for the 2005 and older Prius for the installation of JUST the antenna. You will have to route the wire a little different, but now I never lose signal, unless I am downtown in a big city.
    Not worried about the price. The waiting lists are 3-4 months long and you get whatever shows up, after putting down a big non-refundable deposit :tsk:. They also took my big old SUV with 125K miles on it, and it was in need of serious repairs. They gave me book value. No other dealer in central Indiana would take it as a trade-in, I shopped every dealer in central Indiana.:wof:

15. Bob Wible

Bob Wible New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I got a 2008 package 2 for 23,750 … non negotiable, but I threatened to hold my breath until I turned blue to get 4000 on my trade in, A 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

16. ctbering

ctbering Rambling Man

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I paid 28.5K for package 6 in late April. That included the Chicago sales tax, 11 %, the highest tax in the world.. or at least the country. I was fortunate to get 15.5K for my 2004 Toyota Highlander Limited, exactly blue book. I am sure the dealer added on a few items like Satelite radio, carpet mats and cargo net but by the time my car arrived in May they were already taking lists.
    I am surprised to see the package 3 has leather seats. I assume this must be aftermarket since Toyota offers specific options with each package only. Does it have the leather steering wheel?
    I was told the Prius did not have seat warmers and electric seats because it increased the weight and adversely affected the mileage. Are the seat warmers and/or leather seats being installed by the Toyota dealer or an aftermarket company? Are these items covered in a warranty somewhere?Terry

17. Prius4ever

Prius4ever New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I went to the dealer early this morning to get an oil change for my '08 Prius. Much to my surprise, sitting on the lot were 4 Prii. We have been looking for a Prius for my husband since I bought mine at the end of April. Three were brand new, one was an '07 rental, which they were selling for $29,000+ and it had 20,000 + miles!) Their price for an '08, package #2 was $26,800. I didn't think that was a lot considering the demand and the fact they were willing to sell it to me on the spot despite their claim of 25 on a waiting list.

But they would only give my husband $12,000 for a 2006 Jeep Commander that he had just purchased in March '08 for $20,000. :eek: He said he wasn't willing to take a $8,000 hit on his Jeep. Instead, he will continue to pay his huge gas bill. What was he thinking buying that Commander in the first place? :confused:

18. hiremichaelreid

hiremichaelreid New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Yeah, country only. Here in Ontario & Quebec Canada we get combined sales taxes of about 13%, down from 15% a few years back.

19. thepolarcrew

thepolarcrew Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well, I am over 50 and it feels strange to be a newbie, kind of like going from a sportster to a big boys bike I guess.

We started calling around the the tristate area the last week in May and the best we could do was 12th on our local list and 140's down in the cities.

The wife found one across state 2nd week of June(9 th), Grey with Pak #2 for $500 down sight unseen, $24,300 before tax etc.

We have an 07 SXT Carravan that gets mid 20's at 80 mph and we have already put on 40K in one year on just this vehicle, 3 others sitting in the yard. A 98 Carravan (150K) we purchased new, an older Geo with Toyota drive train(140K) and a 1978 Suburban (250K+) that gets 10 mpg hiway-5 mpg locked in.

We were a little worried, for we only got a little over 32 coming back accross the state running 80.

It has 1100 on it today (June 17th) I have driven it a few times and have managed to get the average up to 39.2 as of today.

I have found the sweet spot in several ranges, drafting works really well (60 - 80 mpg at 77 mph) and it freaks my wife out to see it get 99.9 when in electric mode.

Made the slow pass on a two lane and met a speed demon. I had to kick it down to finish off the passing move today and was mildly surprised by its get up and go!

We purchased it for multiple reasons, Green, fuel, performance and comfort, you don't have to fall in and climb out of it. No buyers remorse here!

20. a_soccer_player

a_soccer_player Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am picking up my '08 w/ package 2 (non-touring) in Honolulu for $25.7 (all taxes and fees incl.) I can't wait to pick it up soon. Although, I was talking with the dealership the other night and appearently they are raising their prices by $400, but it wont effect me as I already had my deposit down.