1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What are the ages of v buyers here?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Rhizzlebop, Nov 20, 2011.

1. jimdoyle56@gmail.com

[email protected] Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey folks, Im 76 and just traded my 2005 Prius for a Vtwo. I need the room for the 500 mile trip to my summer home. My wife also thought the passenger side seat in my 2005 was a bit skimpy for the long trips.

The low-end V is high-end compared to my 2005 Prius which I enjoyed every day I owned it. Besides mats my big option was to buy the Guidepost tracking system which is somewhat like OnStar but has a one-time fee. You push a button in the vehicle for about three seconds (to screen out an inadvertent tap) and an operator calls you on your cell and asks for details of the problem. (If it's a breakdown, etc. they suggest you call 911 first, and get an incident report # to give Guidepost.) They take over, tell the cops or EMTs precisely where you are and monitor the situation. Lots of theft prevention techniques as well.
    The V is everything my 2005 was, plus small redesigns that work better, and the big cargo area and wider seats.
    I know the V is pitched toward younger folks with kids, where the Entune system, etc,. seems important. But I don't even have a smart phone! No bluetooth or anything of the kind. Just all the Toyota safety and comfort features in the basic V.
    I think long run, Toyota will be proven to have created the best energy system with their Prius.
    So tell your parents or grandparents not to pass it by for a Mercury Marquis or Ford Vic!

Jim Doyle

2. intelliot

intelliot Technology Evangelist

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I'm 23 and I just got a Prius v three as my first new car. Planning to do an extended road trip and bringing all my (minimalist) belongings with me.

3. M8s

M8s Retired and Lovin' It

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Now that's what I call "travelling light." Way to go!

PS: I can remember the days when everything I owned fit in a van. Good times.

4. Vinoh

Vinoh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    61 and 60. Have 2 carseats in our V5 for our grandchildren. 1.5 hours each way to babysit at least once every week were killing our gas budget in the Sienna.

5. cy2k

cy2k Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    31, married with 2 kids (6 and 3). We wanted to get something more reliable and with better gas mileage than our Volvo wagons (loved them though!), and couldn't compromise on space much. We don't like minivans, so wagons are really our only choice. When I saw that this new model came out, it was pretty much a shoe-in, so we took the plunge on our first hybrid. It's been about a week and we're loving it so far!!!

6. Sldm

Sldm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    69! Traded my 2001 Camry. I have a dog and 3 grandkids I cart around with 1 carseat and 2 boosters.

7. Hawkizrok

Hawkizrok Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm 37 and wife is 28. I just closed in a v5 blizzard pearl. We have an 18 month old daughter and will have number two in march. This was our compromise to the suv or minivan options. I own a jeep grand Cherokee and a 06 Prius. The v5 is way more functional than either vehicle when it comes to kids. It's truly the best of all worlds.

8. GuamKelly

GuamKelly Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My Bride and I are both 57. The kids are old enough to be either off at College or driving their own cars. Most of the time she will be the only occupant. Had *I* been getting a new car, I'd have gone with the regular Gen III Prius, but she finds that one less comfortable and is absolutely not willing to deal with the restricted rear visibility. Thus, she gets a Prius v, because as my Saintly Father taught me, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't NO-body happy."

9. carcrzyguy

carcrzyguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    My first post! Hmm, I take delivery of my Prius v tomorrow. I am trading my 4th Prius for this v. I just bought it 4 months ago, but when I saw the first v at my local dealership, I was hooked! I am 59 years old, divorced and never had kids. I just like the gas mileage, looks and tech package of the v.

10. TPOX

TPOX New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    31, married, we have a 1 year old and 2nd child on the way. Just bought a v2 (still anxiously waiting on delivery), which is replacing an '03 hyundai santa fe with >200K miles. Hoping to get many more from the prius, as my commute runs me about 35K miles/year. I'm in love the the roomy interior and mileage, but dreading the next snowstorm and the uncertainty in how I'll be able to navigate the roads.

11. russcarver

russcarver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    TOPX, You'll do fine with it in the snowstorm. We had one here north of Denver a week ago that dumped 14-18" in our little town. The 1st 0.25 mile to get out of the subdivision is a Tier 3 road (meaning it is never plowed). A lot of vehicles were stuck that day and those that didn't compacted the snow over about half the road. For the next week though, my v5 did quite well (no chains or studded tires either). It would slip and slide and the traction control, VSC and ABS were all working overtime, but I made it out without getting stuck or losing any time.

Cheers!

--Russ

1 person likes this.
  12. TPOX

TPOX New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for posting your experience, Russ! I've had AWD for the last 9 years, so I'm sure it will still be an adjustment. I'm hoping to make the transition without much trouble.

13. GuamKelly

GuamKelly Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Man, I hope the Dealer hooked you up on your FOUR MONTH OLD trade-in!

14. russcarver

russcarver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yeah, you won't notice much difference. This is my 4th Prius and they have all handled exceptionally well on snow and ice. Even better than some 4WD vehicles I've been in. Of course, half of that could be due to knowing how to drive well in adverse conditions.... :rolleyes:

--Russ

15. HaveNoCents

HaveNoCents Conservative Tree Hugger

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    61 and 54 here. We are now a two Prius family. We are both retired at the beach, but with 3 dogs.

16. parnami

parnami Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    59 and 58 here. We just got our V last month, our first Prius and our first Toyota. It replaced our 92 Pontiac Trans Sport which I really loved (I sold it to a friend and still visit, occasionally ;) ). We also own a 2008 Smart so we appear to be a green family. We're not! We just hate buying gas from people who wish us harm!!

17. Kismet4G

Kismet4G New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Klob what are some of the tips on driving the Prius v please? I just got one last month and so far I am only gettin 37mpg, like your mpg much more!! Thanks.

18. bronwyn

bronwyn New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Just traded in my husband's 2006 Subaru WRX in for a Prius V. We are 32 and 33. So far loving it!!!!!

19. h-dogg

h-dogg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    We just purchased one before the new year and we are both 29. This one will be the baby car for my wife. Can't wait to save gas!

20. GOOSE MAN

GOOSE MAN New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'm 32 and I just wished it had the 3rd row seats so I can fit all four kids....lol...