1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What are the "gotcha's" on removing door panels

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by FirstName LastName, Mar 9, 2018.

1. FirstName LastName

FirstName LastName Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've pulled apart doors and stuff before on an old F150. It wasn't fun cause Ford's have these little plastic looking rivets that basically break when you take them off.

What about the Prius C's door panels? Pretty easy to remove? And putting back isn't a problem?

Looking to update the speakers and maybe putting in some sound deadner in it. I did my entire F150 with that seal stuff from Home Depot and foil wrapped bubble wrap on the floor. Worked well for a work truck.

Looks likes Crutchfield sells speakers with the correct adapter so no drilling involved.

2. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Very easy to remove, very easy to put back in. I always forget the small screw behind the door handle... :( Every time. :D

3. FirstName LastName

FirstName LastName Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I mustered the courage to do it this weekend. I used to have an old '95 F150 and the door panel pins all broke when I did it so was wondering if these have the same thing. But they didn't break. One was missing though so I'll have to get that piece.

I did it so I can look at what kind of speakers are in there and wow, they are cheap. I also put some sound deadening in. I used that peel&seal stuff on my truck before and that stuff is HEAVY. I found videos of people using Frost King Duct insulation and 1 1/2 rolls did all the doors and the trunk area.

Got a quote to install Focal toy speakers up front and back and a Fossgate powered sub under the front seat. Guy said the Focals are drop in whereas all other speakers require brackets and extra wiring. I saw many posts about only the Kenwood fitting under the front passenger but this guy said this Fossgate will fit. Keeping the headunit for now, I mostly play music through my phone anyway

ztanos likes this.