1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

what are the part numbers for all the engine block heater

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by priussoris, Apr 7, 2007.

1. priussoris

priussoris New Member

I am looking locally for an ebh and need part numbers the parts dept said there are a few different ones but none for the prius said matrix and rav4 and 4 runner so which part number works in the prius I will call them and ask for that certain part #
    thanks

2. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I don't have the part number in front of me. It's outside and I'm not going out right now. It's snowing -- in April in Virginia, for cryin' out loud!

It's a Toyota Canada part, which is probably why US dealers don't list it. Many of us ordered ours from www.metrotpn.com. I'm not sure if they list the part # on the site, but you can get it there.

3. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Apr 7 2007, 08:29 AM) [snapback]419344[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah it is a cold one today and I dont mean beer..lol

thanks for the reply I did find a part # of C 0140-00889 toyota

but parts dept. here needs it in a USA number?
    so if anyone knows if this is correct please let me know

I have emailed metropltn waiting to see if in stock.

next step is to talk the Fireengineer to do the install have read a lot of the threads he must be able to this in his sleep by now..
    thanks all

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't believe there is a USA part number for the EBH. Everyone I know has used the Canadian part. Even if you get this it'll likely cost you $160 at the dealer to get it installed...get the $37 part from someone and install it yourself...lots of info on this site about how to do it.

5. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Apr 7 2007, 10:21 AM) [snapback]419379[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Doc, Where can I get the part for 37.00 ?
    thanks

6. Squint

Squint New Member

The other block heater is more readily available in the US:

00213-00885 aka C0140-00885

I put that one in my Camry. I bought it for $30 + shipping from trdparts4u

Oh, and the instructions indicate it will fit many Toyotas, including Prii.

7. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm looking at the box mine came in, "Quality parts/pieces de qualite, TOYOTA CANADA INC., Engine Heater/Chauffe-Moteur, CO140-00889, Made in Canada/Fabrique au Canada"

pardon my French :lol:

Lee

8. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Thanks all I will track one down now.

thanks again, I drive my wife to work and it is only 3 miles 1 way I guess the ebh will be ok for that short distance

9. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ Apr 7 2007, 01:13 PM) [snapback]419507[/snapback]</div>
    It will be more necessary for a short drive than longer ones. My drive to work is only 3.1 miles and I have been tracking the OAT and the coolant temp (with ScanGuage) and the resulting MPG to work. Basically, the colder it is the worse the mileage in the first minutes. A warmer engine to start will dramatically improve the numbers for the first 10 minutes. After that, the ICE should be warmed up to snuf.

Lee

10. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Squint @ Apr 7 2007, 01:06 PM) [snapback]419468[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the p/n's I did find a p/n 001130021300885

00113-00213-00885 it comes up as Pyrol engine heater 31.16 at toyota parts cheap
    they had the 0021300885 also for 44.00 asked them if they are the same will wait for reply from them.

thanks again

11. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ Apr 7 2007, 06:02 PM) [snapback]419555[/snapback]</div>
    Here you go: http://www.metrotpn.com/ProductDetails.asp...mp;SortIndex=22

12. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I certainly recommend calling Jesse at Metro Toyota in Cleveland, he's done group orders on here before and he'll ship it to ya.... I got mine from him, he delivers fast, he's responsive to emails, and a good guy.
    Definately don't pay to have it installed at the dealer though... most likely no one in your area has ever put on in before.

Going to Chicago anytime soon???? :ph34r: :ph34r: (Wayne, you there buddy?)

13. Peter Senich

Peter Senich Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I believe the part number you seek is 00213-00889.

14. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sorry for being late to the post, catching up from my New England block heater install road trip.

priussoris,

Hope you figure out your part number merry-go-round. The block heater will make a big difference in your first 5 minutes. Year round too!

When you do get your block heater, if you want to install it yourself there are many treads and advice on how to do it. If you get stuck you can always post and ask a question. Or, if you want, I will come down and install it for you, 30-45 minutes and done.

Let us know what you find out.

Wayne

15. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ Apr 9 2007, 08:47 AM) [snapback]420238[/snapback]</div>
    FireEngineer, thanks for the info and I may end up calling you, will have to get a bigger belt for all the notches your putting on it on with these installs..lol I might have the part number figured out now a parts dept locally well 45 miles away called this morning said they can get one for the camry but not sure if it is for the prius? had a completly different number.lol but he said he will have a tech try and install on his prius.
    he also said thanks for the info about better mpg with the heater, I told him about priuschat and was impressed as I am.
    thanks again
    I will keep in touch,

Craig

16. mudrat

mudrat New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Update:
    In Canada, that part number 0140-00889 is obsolete. PriusChat shop will not ship it to Canada.

Anyone have any suggestions?

17. Daria Phoebe

Daria Phoebe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you find a newer answer, update us? I expect to be able to start regularly using a block heater this winter

18. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I recently replaced the block heater on my 3rd gen, fwiw. Part No was:

PU140-905

through Toyota dealership parts department. The guy noted there had been a revision. To my eye the block heater itself looked the same as the old one, just the AC wiring was different. Shorter btw, was barely long enough to make it out the front grill.

Oh: just phone a Toyota dealership parts department, they should be able to verify current part no for your year.

Ah: except, you're in the States, where they don't seem to stock them, and it never gets cold... :rolleyes:

If you're stuck, page me with an (@Mendel Leisk), and I could phone our local dealership again, find out for an '08. Would have to wait till coming Friday though; tied up and outa town next week.

It was $90 CDN through the dealership btw.

#18 Mendel Leisk, Sep 5, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2021