1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What are these part numbers?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by IR.AK.EB, Apr 3, 2017.

1. IR.AK.EB

IR.AK.EB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hi
    When i delivered my prius,i found two spare parts in dash board according to following part numbers. 1491234496074.jpg
    Can you help me to determine which are these spares?
    Is there any websites to check and order genuine parts?
    Thanks
    Akbar

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The top one is a tire pressure gauge. Nice touch, every car should come one.

The bottom two are plugs, which I strongly suspect were supposed to be installed into body under side openings (yeah I know). These are openings that are likely used during shipping, with locating pins, to prevent the car shifting around. on 3rd gen they're just inboard of the rear scissor jack support points. I'll post a 3rd gen pic with location.

Reason I know, I noticed one side our car had the plug, the other it did not. A trip to the dealership: they told me the above story. Those plugs were supposed to be installed during the PreDelivery Inspection. Let them know they missed that, maybe you'll get a free car wash coupon or something, lol. Maybe check your tire pressures too (with the gauge): they may have missed that too.

upload_2017-4-3_9-6-9.png

3. Samprocat

Samprocat Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. IR.AK.EB

IR.AK.EB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hi Dear Mendel
    Thanks for your reply
    But how can i use tire pressure gauge?

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    You're welcome, and welcome to PriusChat too.

When the tires are cool, after the car's sat overnight is your best time to check tire pressures. Directly after driving they will be warmer, and pressure will be higher than usual.

Remove wheel's valve stem cap (don't lose it!), place the gauge working end over the valve stem end, rock back and forth a little to determine that you've got it square-on, then press down quickly and firmly. It will take a time or two to get used to it. When you've done it right you will hear a momentary hiss, then nothing, as you make good firm seal. Then pull it off quickly, and check how much the stem on back of gauge has protruded, reading the increments. Push it back in before going to the next tire.

There's likely a protrusion on the back of the gauge, useful if you want to bleed a little air out of the tire. Just press it gently on the end of valve stem, depress enough to start releasing air. Do just a little at a time till you get a feel for it.

Recommended tire pressures should be on a sticker in the driver's door opening. near the bottom of the rear pillar. I would suggest to go a few pounds higher, but not too much, especially if you have the 17" wheels. There's nothing wrong with setting it right on the recommended pressure either; the ride will be gentler, and it's perhaps easier on suspension and wheel bearings, less jarring.

The gauge in your glove box may or may not be a decent quality one. If it's easy to seat on the valve stem, and gives good consistant readings, it's a good one, it's as simple as that. You might also want to verify by measuring against the dealership's equipment, but the simple stick gauges are pretty dependable. Look online, you'll see a wide variety of gauges. I use mainly stick, but did cave and get a dial style gauge for our son's bicycle with special bike style valve stems. It's also very good.

#5 Mendel Leisk, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    IR.AK.EB likes this.
  6. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat.

I'm interested - does your car have side protection mouldings? There were 2 videos posted from elsewhere in the Middle East yesterday and both cars had side protection mouldings which aren't on Australian or USA delivered cars - here's a photo:
    upload_2017-4-4_8-57-20.png

Attached Files:

7. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    PriusChat Shop sells Toyota moldings. 2016 Prius Body Side Moldings - OEM - PriusChat Shop

8. alanclarkeau

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just trying to find out if that was something special on the 2 cars in, I think Emirites yesterday - or maybe a dealer option - or something which is on 2017 models. It's not been on any cars I've seen except the 2 on YouTube yesterday.

9. Samprocat

Samprocat Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    It is optional parts that can be ordered with a car or you can buy and install later

10. alanclarkeau

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    An option in USA too? Certainly not here - another regional difference.

11. IR.AK.EB

IR.AK.EB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hi
    Sorry for delay
    Yes,my car is 2017 and it had side covers.

RCO and alanclarkeau like this.