1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What are your numbers?

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by acdii, Apr 23, 2008.

1. acdii

acdii Active Member

Looking into adding a Camry Hybrid to my fleet. I previously had a Prius, great mileage, but thats about all I could say good about it. I traded it in on a crossover that we sorely needed, and got an excellent trade on it, basically I got back all I had put into it. Recent events have shown that we do need a second car, and we don't want another Prius, yes the MPG is great and all that, but we didn't like the winter handling in it at all. A person here has an 07 Hybrid Camry and is getting about 38 MPG. What is the avg that others are getting mixed city highway.

2. Austin50mpg

Austin50mpg Prius Driving Right Winger

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What model year was your Prius? The newer Prius do quiet well in the winter. I wouldn't expect any better from the Hybrid Camry, other than perhaps better OEM tires.

Tom

4. acdii

acdii Active Member

Oh great another forum to lose myself in! :)

I decided to get one last night. Got a 2009 hybrid, sticker $28329, out the door price with tax title and license, $28500. Financing on it was deceiving though, the toyota site disclaimer did not state excludes hybrids on the 09 model except under the 4cyl models, I had thought the hybrid was a v6, so the 4.9 financing applied. My mistake, but I still got 5.9 through TFC on it. It is an option B model with floor mats.

5. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    FWIW, I average about 10mpg less (44->34) in city driving and about 8mpg less (48->40) in freeway driving in our TCH compared to our Prius.

Yesterday my leadfoot wife managed to average nearly 47mpg in the Camry on the 18 mile drive from our home to the airport. That was pretty impressive, considering she rarely managed to break 40mpg when she had a Prius. The heavy traffic that kept her speed below 70mph was a contributing factor.

6. acdii

acdii Active Member

It was an 07 base. The TC is over sensitive in my opinion, the Camry doesn't show the same tendency of shutting everything down when a wheel slips like the Prius did. Where I live, the Prius just didn't cut it, we didn't feel safe driving it in winter weather down the country roads by us that were constantly covered in ice year after year, ditches deeper than the car is long is scary, plus we out grew it. The Camry has enough room for our daily needs, and the Veracruz will be for when the whole family wants to go somewhere. It also turns out that after I got rid of the Prius, I got word that my office will be moving to a new location further away from my home and where my wife works, so we wont be able to car pool once that happens, had I known that before hand I would have kept it, but hindsight is 20/20.