1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What audiobook are you listening to in your Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Free One, Apr 22, 2007.

1. RobertG

RobertG New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    For books in the public domain, you can download MP3s at LibriVox. Also, there is this list of sites where you can find free books in the public domain.

2. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Driving the Prius hasn't changed my listening habits but I've been listening to audio books for a long time. My local library has a great selection of books on CD. I either listen to them on the CD player in the car, or download them to my iPod for listening on the Metro.

I generally like political and international/spy thrillers, courtroom dramas, murder mysteries, politics, and some historical novels. Just finished listening to The Camel Club by David Baldacci and now have Al Franken's Lies and the Lying Liars who Tell them loaded.

3. thoughtvineyard

thoughtvineyard New Member

I too have experienced a change in aural stimulation. I used to listen to a lot of music, now I find myself totally bored with my own music. It feels too loud and intrustive to me.

I've started downloading audio books on Sundays so I can have listening "material" all week long. It used to be a real pain in the butt, and I tired of unneccesarily transferring files from itunes to my ipod.

Now I just download from www.exclusive-audiobooks-download.com and get them instantly and just burn to CD. I finally found a site to make my Sunday download-sesh seem a lot less irritating. I just can't seem to find the time to get to the library.

Do other people download audio books from the internet?
    -------------------------------

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Free One @ Apr 22 2007, 06:46 PM) [snapback]428073[/snapback]</div>

4. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just finished "The Last Juror", by Greshim. Pretty good, and well read. I just started a Clive Cussler, "Polar Shift", though he he getting pretty "formula", all the same. I spend over 10 hours a week commuting, and burn thru audiobooks pretty fast. Luckily my wife is a librarian, so I have an almost unlimited free supply. :)

I can't imagine how the car you drive can affect what you listen to, except that in the Prius I can actually hear the words. It is so much quieter than my Subaru.