1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What car did you come from (B.P.)?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by 3ics, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Batavier

Batavier Member

Before this Prius 3, I drove a Prius 2. Now my GF drives that. Before the Prius 2 I had a Peugeot 206 1.9 diesel (no turbo). Took 17 seconds to get from 0-60... Before that I owned a '91 Suzuki Swift 1.3. So the Prius is an improvement. Just love the Prius 3. It's a great commuter car, IMO.

2. CaliforniaBear

CaliforniaBear Clearwater Blue Metallic

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Technically my previous car was a 2012 Prius Three. However, that was only for 6 months when I fell in love with the Prius Plug-in. Before the "Three" I had a 4-cylinder Highlander, 23 mpg for 75K miles. It was good for another 75K but the technology of the Prius got to me. I do believe having an HV-only car for a while (and many of the postings here) helped me understand how best to use the plug-in.

3. ewxlt66

ewxlt66 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I came from this beast. Still use it. But now I only have to fill it up about every 6 weeks.

[​IMG]
    F250 Oct 2012 by ewxlt, on Flickr

4. empeefivenavee

empeefivenavee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    2006 Subaru WRX

vroom vroom.

Batavier and TwoUnderPar like this.
  5. SalixIncendium

SalixIncendium Tree Hugging Environmentalist Wacko

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    '11 Corolla - traded in for the Prius.

It was my first non-domestic purchased a couple of years ago as a result of my loss of faith in the American auto makers. I liked it more than I expected to. I decided to go back to a Toyota dealer when I wanted to move up to a mid-size with the intention of looking at a Camry, whose MPG numbers weren't far off of that of the Corolla. It was actually a customer turning in a leased 2010 Prius and picking up a 2013 that talked me into the Prius.

ralleia likes this.
  6. SteadyEddy

SteadyEddy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I traded an 07 Lexus ES350 for our 2013 gen III with solar sunroof. Just had the Toyota ground effects kit and lighted door sills installed. So far we like the Prius. Rides nice, and we aren't making as many long trips as we used to. Also more city driving from where we lived before. The Prius just made sense.

7. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My '99 Cadillac Deville became a Cash for Clunker victim as a trade-in for the 2010 Prius III in July of 2009. I still miss that big beast.

8. Jer Sand

Jer Sand Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi all,
    I just bought a 2013 Prius 2. I had a 2006 Porsche Cayenne S for many years that I loved. I came to the conclusion that the car was never intended to accommodate my current requirements. I was averaging just over 13 MPG with premium. The Prius is a very different car, but I am having so much fun. I can't keep my eyes off the Hybrid System Indicator.
    Thank you all for your posts -- this is a great forum!

Sabby, SalixIncendium and ewxlt66 like this.
  9. 3TE

3TE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    BMW 540i with 470+ hp supercharged V8 6 sp manual (it now sits)

10. tomlondon

tomlondon New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    BMW 325i coupe auto, I had dozens of cars before, Audis, BMWs, Mercedeses, SUVs, Fords, never had a Japanese car though, let alone a hybrid one. So far I am very, very satisfied - I love how quiet the car is. When I want to make some noise, I use my Harley Davidson 883XL Iron with Vance and Hines slip ons - it sets off car alarms, makes children cry and pedestrians flee in panic :)

ewxlt66 and PLSPUSH like this.
  11. alekska

alekska Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    1994 Subaru Legacy (2.2 l), manual 5-sp. Prius was like a space ship after that one :)
    - Alex

rekniht01 likes this.
  12. SalixIncendium

SalixIncendium Tree Hugging Environmentalist Wacko

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If you miss it that badly, you can take the money you saved in fuel driving the Prius and buy about 4 of them...

13. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    noooo, they are way to expensive. I bought a "rolling restoration" Jaguar, instead.

14. ataylorracing

ataylorracing ataylorracing

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Since it is my wifes Prius....she traded in a 2001 Chrysler Voyager that got 26 mpg HW and 13 in town...in town being with 95% of her driving being all in town. We had moved from Kokomo, IN to Fishers, IN since she was spending $250 a month in gas in her commute. The new house was 3 times the SF, 1/2 acre, and a large pond in the back was $250 more than the tiny house in Kokomo...currently being rent to own for the amount that the payments are. ANYHOW, a bit over a year ago she was up to $280 a month in gas, even though we were so much closer to her work. If gas is $4 a gallon the gas savings between the Minivan and the Prius is the same as the $280 as her lease payment. I know that leases are a bad way to go, but we could not afford a used Prius in good shape or a new car....the mpg differences makes the car affordable.

15. FranklinS

FranklinS Ach crivens ye scunners!

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    A Formula Firebird 5.7 and before a Fox bodied 5.0 Mustang. Both modified and fast . When I first went to this site I expected to see people that were nice but that had a very limited knowledge of cars. I have been very pleasantly surprised by the number of people that know cars pretty well. A statement on how good the Prius is and how we came to the same conclusion without the dubious aid of auto mags.

16. citroenjohn

citroenjohn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I traded in a 2006 Audi A4 Avant. It's the worst car I've ever had. Nice drive, but, when something goes wrong prepare to get a second mortgage. My 2013 C2 is a major step up in my opinion and I enjoy driving it more.

Jer Sand likes this.
  17. css28

css28 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm amazed at the number of BMW (ex-)owners I'm seeing here.

That totally blindsided me.

18. Reedja42

Reedja42 2012 Prius, Gen III, Barcelona Red, (FRED)

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I was just thinking the same thing. Also the number luxury cars, as a group; there is a car psychology study in this somewhere. :)

19. Ridder

Ridder Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Mercedes E270cdi: very nice car, plenty power and even more torque, but here you have to pay road tax and diesels have to pay more than gas cars: $200/month.
    Fuel is around $8/ga
    Hybrids don't have to pay road tax and don't use much fuel.
    A very easy calculation.....

20. Batavier

Batavier Member

Indeed, Ridder. I know how you feel... And as for BMW owners (and other much faster cars): good to see even they enjoy the Prius. It seems it isn't as bad as some car magazines have us believe. :)

Jer Sand likes this.