1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What color are you getting?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by winebuff, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Lottamoxie

Lottamoxie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I will purchase a silver package IV with misty grey interior and NO navigation package (which means I will have to forgo the solar sunroof option, which is the only other option I want. :-| )

2. royrose

royrose Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I am totally with you on wanting the solar roof but not wanting nav. I rarely drive in unfamiliar territory and I think the dash looks better without it. Since I don't need to trade right away, I may wait a few months to see if they change the packages for the fall.

I will probably go for Barcelona Red.

Roy

3. Lottamoxie

Lottamoxie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I forgot to add that I will be waiting until the fall of 2010 (which will allow me to see the features of the 2011 and then decide between the two). My current car (a '98 Saab 900 Turbo, purchased new at the end of '97) has not yet hit 90K miles, though I'm getting close! So it's not like I *have* to purchase anything. I can easily wait and continue to save my $$.

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    It doesn't matter!!!!

Everything is pine pollen yellow! ... Except for those with red, weeping eyes!

Bob Wilson

5. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm all silver LOL. Color silver, package silver. Hi Ho silver.

6. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't think Blizzard Pearl would show the pollen as much. It is a $220 MSRP premium though.

7. DaveSheremata

DaveSheremata New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Silver Prius IV w/ Dark Leather and sunroof for me. I actually wanted to get a different color - either magnetic grey ar barcelona red. We chose silver - don't hate me for this - because we both think the headlights are REALLY ugly looking - very Japanime/Tokyo Drift looking. Silver is the color that best hides this design nuance.

Before I get a (bit)torrent of flame back, keep in mind that I think most cars are really ugly. IMO, I think the *least* ugly cars on the road are usually made by Porsche - the 911 Carrera/4 usually comes to mind. In silver :)

8. scottwyden

scottwyden new jersey photographer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I will be getting the 2010 Prius in Blue Ribbon Metallic

9. Madeleine

Madeleine Student of Prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm completely with Tom... black is "it". I can't believe I even considered any other color on our Touring "08... it isn't too hot w/the proper window UV tinting (including undetectable windshield tint - hehehe) and of course, with the new solar roof option, even less of a concern...
    and yes, it does show dirt more, which only means I have to behave and wash it as often as I should. It looks so sleek... yep, black it is for the next one.

10. winebuff

winebuff Proud owner of a 2010 Prius

Model:
    IV
    I am now waffling about the blue instead of the winter grey. Maybe I should draw straws :)

11. Ren

Ren New Member

Model:
    V
    I will purchase Prius III in classic silver or Blizzard Pearl. It would be better if I could buy the 17" wheels alone.

12. scottwyden

scottwyden new jersey photographer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If New Jersey didn't have ridiculous tint laws then I would definitely get my windows tinted to help block the sun

13. Midpack

Midpack Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    First choice: White
    Second: Red
    Third: Gray
    Either a IV w/sunroof or a no option V.

14. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here, you can borrow my decission maker,
    [​IMG]

15. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    For those waffling on Blue vs. Winter Gray, the Winter Gray is very "muted" color compared to the Blue Ribbon Metalic.

16. winebuff

winebuff Proud owner of a 2010 Prius

Model:
    IV
    I love the decision maker. Yes, can I borrow it please? Sooooo, grey or blue. You say the grey is muted so now my decision is do I go with vanilla (grey) or go for the spumoni (blue). Can you 'overnight" your decision maker please? Why dont you guys decide for me, winter grey (vanilla) or blue metallic (spumoni). HELP!!!!:(

17. mirak

mirak New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Does Toyota plan to charge a premium for blizzard pearl exterior or the misty grey leather interior?

I own a black car and a blue car now, and I'm ready to get something that shows less dirt. It will be white or silver for me. Probably silver, because the white looks a bit too "government."

I definitely want that misty grey interior, though.

18. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll email it to you, of course a coin you might have in your pocket will work as well.

Go blue, it is such a hot colour and my second choice behind the blizzard pearl.

19. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yes, Blizzard Pearl is an extra $220. Cheap compared to many other car companies pearl coats.

Misty Grey is no extra charge. Just keep in mind that you'll be cleaning that misty grey quite often, as it is very light, to me when I sat in in in February it was almost white! But it does look beautiful.

I got the blizzard pearl but went with dark grey as I feel dark interiors go with light exteriors and vice verse for dark exteriors with light interiors. Unless you live in Vegas or the like, light interiors are the way to go! lol

20. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Having a tough time deciding b/t Black and Blizzard Pearl ... I almost ALWAYS get black and I feel it makes a car like the Prius look about as sporty as it can look, but with the slightly bolder re-design I think the Blizzard Pearl might look alright. Either way the windows will be HEAVILY tinted. I have a black '08 Touring right now and I like how the dark color makes the taillamps stand out more ... when it's a white car (Blizzard Pearl) there's not as much differential for a viewing standpoint.

I am really torn though ... I'm getting older (34) so white is starting to seem like a better choice :)

Either way I'm getting the Mistry Gray interior ... glad they are offering a lighter gray option!!! Package V for me ... hoping we don't see ALL the Vs come with Tech package b/c I just want a V with Nav.

I was thinking I'd wait a while, but now I'm chomping at the bit. I still will try and hold off 'till inventories are up a bit and maybe even wait till next year (yeah, right).