1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What color is clip p/n 90468-04157?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by egg_salad, May 20, 2018.

1. egg_salad

egg_salad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Doing some exploratory work in preparation for replacing the frond door speakers. It appears someone has been in before. Both sail panels (where the tweeters live) are missing the upper clip.

Parts lookups tell me the clip I need is p/n 90468-04157. Sadly, all I can find online are line drawings of this part.

I have a vast collection of trim clips from various trips to the junkyard. I may very well have some that match p/n 90468-04157, Some are yellow and others are natural nylon (whitish color)

Does anyone know what color the tweeter panel clips are? Thanks!

Edit. I found photos online, accompanied by Russian text. It appears the clips I need are metal, not nylon. Can someone confirm?

SFO likes this.
  2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, it is metal. The female receptacle in the door frame is white nylon. The "front door lower frame bracket garnish" (official name of that "sail panel" part) top male counter-part is a moulded part of the garnish with a metal spring clip cover. The bottom clip is a standard type body clip that slides into the garnish and is green, from memory.

#2 dolj, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
  3. egg_salad

egg_salad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Okay, now I'm confused. The parts diagram doesn't show any receiver for that clip, and 90468-04157 appears to clip directly into the sheet metal of the door itself.

In a good news update, I took a gamble and removed the side view mirrors, and the clips fell out!! Both sides!! Now I don't have to go searching the junkyard for a replacement or eating the new parts cost of a 10 cent clip for which Toyota charges $1.13 and probably isn't in stock.

4. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You're right, it doesn't. Not sure what to do if that part was needed. May be it is on another diagram?

In any case, I gather it a moot point, and that you've now sighted the receive in situ.