1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What color is your 2016 Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusRos, Apr 15, 2016.

?
  1. Blizzard Pearl

20.3%
  2. Blue Crush Metallic

16.3%
  3. Classic Silver Metallic

13.0%
  4. Hypersonic Red

16.3%
  5. Magnetic Grey Metallic

14.6%
  6. Midnight Black Metallic

7.3%
  7. Sea Glass Metallic

12.2%
  1. DGuy21

DGuy21 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Blue Crush Metallic here.

Jim in NC and Coast Cruiser like this.
  2. sttkailua

sttkailua Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hypersonic Red! Black interior.
    Have a 2013 in blue, 2009 Camry Hybrid in silver.
    All the ads from Toyota show the car in red, so got it in red.
    Besides, 'Hypersonic' should go faster, am I right?(y)

annexedwa, Jim in NC and PriusRos like this.
  3. degenerated

degenerated Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I got the charcoal one, if I had noticed the blue crush I would have chosen that for sure

iPad ?

Jim in NC and PriusRos like this.
  4. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Sea Glass Pearl. A light Blue-Green. Prius 2016-04-05 at 18-56-25.jpg

Fanatic, MaryMag, Jim in NC and 5 others like this.
  5. Coast Cruiser

Coast Cruiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Holy Cow! Beautiful picture.

Merged.

I agree, the Blizzard does seem to show more dirt. (I don't recall ever washing my silver/grey Camry this much.) But it sure looks nice when all polished up. And a coat of ArmorAll really brings out the black on those great Toyo tires... the quietest tires on the road! :rolleyes: :cautious: :ROFLMAO: ;)

Attached Files:

'LectroFuel and PriusRos like this.
  6. bowerda47

bowerda47 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Thumb

7. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm jealous!

Merged.

If course it goes faster.
    I love the "It takes a Prius to catch a Prius" ad! So funny. Much better than the Teletubby type daisies and sunshine ads they had for the 2010.

Merged.

I was wondering whether anybody got this color! When I was first looking at the 2016's, my dealer had a whole bunch of Sea Glass in stock and not much of anything else. They said it seemed to be a very popular color with Prius people. However, I have hardly seen this color on the road, even in the 2010's, although it was available then.

Merged.

The Blue Crush is a lot more noticeable ... but the grey is easy to maintain. Just be careful though... grey tends to blend with the road and other people can't see you that easily. I've had two dark grey cars and people back into you, etc. although if your lights are on that should help prevent that. Nothing like driving something people cannot hear or see!

So far, Blizzard Pearl is winning!

So, are you happy with your color choice? Any regrets? I am regretting the white a little bit because it shows dirt so easily. Also there are an awful lot of white cars now -- I know I know, ours isn't really white, it's pearl. But it's a beauty when it's clean.

degenerated and Coast Cruiser like this.
  8. tzx4

tzx4 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No fair, you got the pearl finish and it did not cost extra as the Blizzard Pearl does!
    No fair! You got a pearl finish and did not have to pay $395 extra that they ask for the Blizzard Pearl color!

Merged.

I like that the cream/white color contrasts more strongly with the polished black plastic fakery towards the back that they put there to give the roof that floating effect. The white compliments and completes this illusion best.

Fanatic, PriusRos and Coast Cruiser like this.
  9. Coast Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It does look pretty when clean and polished. It sparkles...
    The red color also costs an extra $395.

Attached Files:

PriusRos likes this.
  10. emschief460

emschief460 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The Hypersonic Red is a nicer hue of red than the previous Prius reds. Mine is a 4 with the AT package. It doesn't show the dirt as much as the white or black ones I'm seeing. I'm very pleased with it. I also got the beige interior and together has a very rich appearance.

Jim in NC and PriusRos like this.
  11. NorthernHSD

NorthernHSD Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    One week still and I have the red one. Here white cars are trend, so that ruled white out. Almost every other cars then are gray or black. So I wanted something else. Red was my choice, hopefully it gives some safety too since others see it better in.

12. PriusRos

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It is a nice red. I saw it in the showroom and was tempted. .. but I've never gone for red cars. Not sure why. I think I got prejudiced against them because one of my first cars was a red Chevette and it was a horrible car. Also rental cars always used to be red. Red is uncommon now.
    Please post pictures showing the beige interior. The one I saw had the black which I don't like because it's so dark - like a black hole.

13. Coast Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Does anybody else think it's ridiculous that Toyota charges an extra $395 for certain colors?! (White, Red.) Does any other auto company do that?

I really like the Red. In fact, I it was my first choice. But I went with White for these reasons:

-I previously owned 2 Red cars in my youth.
    -I thought maybe the White would be somewhat cooler in hotter months. Myth?
    -The salesman took off an extra $250 on the White car (when I said I might wait for Red.)
    -I kept having bad dreams about some creep taking a key to the side of my shiny Red car!
    -With a bright Red car (at age 61!) I thought I might look like the typical "OLD GUY trying to be young again." That mid-life crisis, thing. :ROFLMAO:

No offense to any of you "OG's" that chose Red. ;) And speaking of Red, I rarely see an older Red Prius on the road. In 10 years, I think I've seen 3? Maybe that's a good thing... it's unique. I see hundreds of White, Dark Grey, and Black, in that order. (But with White, out here in California, it seems every White Prius has a young female driver! Did I buy a "chick's color"???)

Edit to add: This morning, I saw a Red Gen2. The 4th one in 10 years.

#33 Coast Cruiser, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    Jim in NC, PriusRos and Frederickdawg like this.
  14. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    No, other companies do it and in many cases the cost can get considerably more expensive than $395. Metallics on an Audi for example are aprox. $600 and pearl paints can be $1100-1200 more.

Coast Cruiser likes this.
  15. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a red 05 Prius :D and the paint is starting to peel off. Many other companies charge more for certain colors (mainly luxury brands and especially Tesla). Tesla has two colors that don't cost anything: white and black. Tesla has five colors that cost $1,000 and two that are $1,500: Red and White Pearl.

I think it's kind of dumb that car companies charge us extra for paint because most people will say something like what you said to the salesman, to take of the extra charge for paint. How much could a different paint color cost the automaker? Probably not much.

16. Coast Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    [QUOTE="Many other companies charge more for certain colors (mainly luxury brands and especially Tesla). Tesla has two colors that don't cost anything: white and black. Tesla has five colors that cost $1,000 and two that are $1,500: Red and White Pearl.
    I think it's kind of dumb that car companies charge us extra for paint because most people will say something like what you said to the salesman, to take of the extra charge for paint. How much could a different paint color cost the automaker? Probably not much.[/QUOTE]

I would guess that "special paint" costs the auto maker very little. (Otherwise, they would just go find a new paint supplier!) Regardless, they jack up the price to the customer, and make it sound like you're getting something "special." And it still chips darn easily!

17. emschief460

emschief460 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    IMG_3889.jpg

Enjoy the pics!

Attached Files:

18. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice! IMO, that's one of the best color combos.

19. PriusRos

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What I find annoying is that within about a week my premium paint got a ding in it. A small scratch/chip on the nose (a few inches from the Toyota badge) that's all the way through to the dark plastic. The paint seems really thin in spite of the supposedly extra layers! They didn't have any blizzard pearl touch-up paint in stock. My sales rep said he'd send me some when it comes in - but it's been several weeks and still hasn't arrived.

The best variety of car colors I've seen are for the Mini Cooper. I love their paint job. Most of them don't seem to be metallic, but more like a high-gloss lacquer. I wish Toyota would come out with some more original colors than black, gray, white, red, and blue!

'LectroFuel and Coast Cruiser like this.
  20. Coast Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Auto companies have cheapened the paint, just like they've cheapened everything else. ( I think they actually buy it from an outside company.)