1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What color is your C? What is the worst color for the C?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by orenji, Sep 14, 2013.

1. winnertakesteve

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Taste is so subjective. This was my first car so I went silver for something I knew I could live with. Metallic grey or blue streak were super tempting though. And part of me thinks it would have been fun to get the habernero. White looks better than I expected when I saw it in the wild. Summer rain would probably be at the bottom of my list, but that's more personal taste than that there's anything wrong with it.

Ps my dad has a black camry hybrid, and I think black looks super smart on that car. :p

CraigB likes this.
  2. Mr Gee

Mr Gee Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Most of my cars are in silver but somehow, the pearl white of the Prius caught my eye and we bought it within 2 hours of sighting our first. Wouldn't have bought one if we saw it in any other color.

3. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If its my car, and I am driving it, my wife has no say in the color, she can give her thoughts on it, but its my choice. Now I Need a better couch to sleep on! :confused:

PLSPUSH likes this.
  4. Delta Flyer II

Delta Flyer II Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Summer Rain checking in here.... Hmmm not a fan of the Orange C...

5. Jake123

Jake123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    We only buy brightly colored cars for safety reasons. Therefore we own 3 red cars. Orange is another good choice though.

6. Oldwolf

Oldwolf Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Mine is Red.

7. oberkc

oberkc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Red good. Black not so (just not right on a prius). To my eye, the orange deserves an honorable mention. Normally, I would like an orange on this car, but this shade is just not quite right.

8. los panda

los panda Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    they all look nice.

i chose black because 1) i have a darth vader tattoo on my neck 2) i think it looks the best w tinted windows and tinted tail lights 3) it goes w nearly everything 4) johnny cash

9. photogrl13

photogrl13 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    My favorite color for the C is Summer Rain. I ended up with Habanero because it was what they had on the lot and it was in my top 3 color choices.

Silver is my least favorite color. It is the least visible in terrible weather and at night and after driving a near-silver car for a while I can attest that sometimes people just don't see you. I always had my lights on during the day for that reason alone. My car now is quite visible. I always laugh when cars dart to the opposite side of the road to avoid me :ROFLMAO:

ztanos likes this.
  10. los panda

los panda Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    i don't understand how someone can not see a car based on its color, especially at night w headlights and taillights.

11. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
  12. jqsmooth

jqsmooth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    This is the smallest car I've driven. I wanted to be visible, so I picked habanero. Not to stand out, but be visible so I don't get rammed. In a little more than a year, I've been pulled over for speeding twice. I guess it worked. However, there are idiots out there still don't see me though. You gotta be on your guard always, i guess that goes for driving in general. I love the fact that I can see the car from a far. It's hilarious. I can easily find my car in a large parking lot.

In the end, this car is a winner no matter what color it is. However, I wouldn't choose silver due to lack of visibility.

13. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    There is a reason that Fire trucks are Red, Yellow or Orange, these colors catch one's eye.

14. marcus1701

marcus1701 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    Bought a Summer Rain and sacrificed a pkg 2. I love it.

15. bilzhorse

bilzhorse Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Mine is the bright silver. I didn't buy it because of the color, it was the only 2012 left on the lot and I got a better deal.

16. thefyn

thefyn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I love my Black. Don't be worried about the old worry re black cars being hotter in the sun: I live in Florida, the windows have a covering that blocks out UV rays, and within one min the car is cool because the AC is amazing and the cabin is small (less to cool).

Not once have I had a problem with a hot car. My trucks steering wheel is so hot I can hardly touch it..The design of the Prius C is forward thinking. The hood, roof are also coated with a film that protects it from the elements.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

coyote303 likes this.
  17. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If Toyota brought over the purple color for the C would you by it?

18. Ashlem

Ashlem Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    My c is red, same as the Honda Civic I traded in for it. But it wasn't by choice, because it was the only one they had left on the lot at the time. Given the option, I would've preferred blue. In any case though, I'm really enjoying the savings on gas.

Living in WI, I'm not a fan of white because of winter. Though no car is immune from the melting snow via the ice the city uses on the roads, it makes white cars in particular look really nasty. And while I think the black c's look nice, I wouldn't want to own one because of how black cars tend to get hot in direct sunlight.

While I have yet to be pulled over in my prius, I did get pulled over once in my civic, but the cop let me go with a warning, so there's that for adding to and busting the myth of the "cops pull red cars over more".

But I think that's largely because I generally drive the speed limit or maybe 5 over, while everyone else always seems to do 10-15 over (unless a cop is within sight distance, then everyone obeys the speed limit lol). And given a nice quiet road with no other cars, I deliberately go slower to get even more gas savings, and also a great time to practice Pulse & Glide. Yeah, it takes longer, but it lets me unwind after work and I can listen to my music in my car a little longer :)

19. doormat9

doormat9 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I have the summer rain metallic and love it. Everywhere I go, people comment on and compliment the color. As mentioned, it appears to change colors depending on the light. In bright sunlight it looks baby blue, and gradually transitions to something near aquamarine in full dark. I make sure to keep my running lights on if there's even a hint of clouds - Given the color and small size, I worry that other drivers could easily miss seeing the car against the skyline.

20. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yep - what a difference a couple hours makes in the color:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]