1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What dealer options are worth buying?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Owner2b, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Owner2b

Owner2b New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I've decided to go for an advanced model. I've seen some options such as all weather mats, paint protection film, etc.

Can someone post a list of all available options at purchase? Which ones are favored? The mats are not worth it IMO because I think one can buy it off ebay for less.

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I wouldn't buy any accessories from the dealer. However, I would cover as much as the car as I could with protective film, including the door cups, rocker panels, and top of the rear bumper cover. Deal with the installer directly.

3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Minimalist in me find none of dealer options are useful and cost effective. Most of the options can be purchased for less after you purchase a car, if you really wants/need them. That said, most of dealer installed options are already included in the sticker price and buyer has no choice. My Premium trim came with all weather mat package (include cargo tray), door edge guard , and bumper applique for additional $448 added onto the price tag. I didn't want any of them, but it came with it anyway. I had no choice. You can see all of manufacture installed accessories here. 2017 Toyota Prius Prime Exterior Accessories

4. Owner2b

Owner2b New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thanks, the only thing I'm interested is the protective film thing. I guess that could be done afterwards as well.

5. Owner2b

Owner2b New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thanks, the only thing I'm interested is the protective film thing. I guess that could be done afterwards as well.

6. heiwa

heiwa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Body side moldings may be worth considering, judging by how many nips I see on mine (presumably made by people parked around my PP).

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

7. MarcBenjamin

MarcBenjamin Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Like most, my prime came with quite a selection of options that really jacked up the "MSRP." The only thing that I really wanted was the body side moldings which I could have added myself but alas, there were only 3 Advanced (no plus nor premiums either) on the lot and the other red had even more options.

I have to admit but the illuminated door sills look pretty cool.

Attached Files:

8. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The nerve of some people. I park as far away as I can and walk to the store. Only thing I have to worry about are buzzards and tumble weeds.

heiwa likes this.
  9. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    May I ask what 15 inch Alloy wheel listed as option looks like? The OEM is already 15 inch alloy wheel, did it come with
    15" 10-Spoke Alloy Wheels

2017 Toyota Prius Prime Exterior Accessories

10. alexcue

alexcue Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My car only had the Carpet Floormats/Cargo Mat and the Door Edge Guards. Personally i do like the Door Edge Guards. The only thing I added from eBay was the All Weather Mats at a considerable discount. Any appliques or such I'd probably try to find online.

11. MarcBenjamin

MarcBenjamin Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yep, it came with the 10-Spoke which I did not want. Especially since it's like $899 add on with Toyo tires to boot. Another thing is, for some reason, you can buy a set of those 10-Spoke wheels for $899 later and keep your original allow/wheel cover wheels say for winter tires but no, the dealers get to keep those and still add the full $899 on top of the original MSRP.

12. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, what a rip off! MSRP of the 15" 10-Spoke wheel is only $199 each, so they are already jacking up the price by $100, and I found a shop that is selling this wheel at $154 each. And yes, if you puchase separately, you get to keep the OEM wheels and hubcaps. I am looking for a separate set of wheels for my winter tires, and was thinking about this 15" 10-Spoke wheels myself, but maybe not at this price.