1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

what dealers dont know

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by bdspell, Jul 20, 2013.

1. bdspell

bdspell Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    hi went out to buy a new prius today, and came home emptyhanded.first there are 28 dealers in the greater los angeles area the first shop showed me a package two model the seats were real uncomfortable i was told that is it no lumbar support in any model,this is all they offer no electric adjusting it's weight saving OK i left there.went to another dealer sat in a prius v it had electric seat adjusters with a lumber suport was told there in all prius with package 5 ,but i could get a 2012 at a big discount that was the same as the 2013 i was sitting in.asked why the were selling so bad that they still had 2012s left ?asked what the difference was between a prius and a prius v just the back styling or a more significant stuff ,just a station wagon look he said. then asked the batteries are they nicad or lithium ion he said this years are nicad next year they will be lithium ion and cost more,decided to come home and ask questions on a forum as it became obvious the sales people dont know .so that being said are the seats with electric motors and lumber support available in a prius,with package 5.are the 2013 selling slow why are they pushing 2012s,are the 2014 going to have lithium ion batts thanks i really want a new prius but i can wait for a 2014 if there will be big changes,also when will the 2014 be at the dealers

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    If you're in Southern California, just visit or contact DianneWhitmire. She is in Carson California and is queen of selling Prius at her dealership, as well as selling many a Prius to members on this forum. Dianne is a great person and will not steer you wrong in your search for a Prius.

sdtundra likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat! i can't believe there are still 12's on the lot in cali, that surprises me. you can go on toyota.com and build a prius with all the available options you want. all the best!(y)

sad about the dealers, that's just the way it is. ditto about diane, give her a jingle, she's the best. great service ata great price. and she drive's a prius, you won't find many toyota salespeople that can say that.

4. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    2012 model = no 0% financing
    2013 model = 0% financing available. That makes the "discount" on the 2012 less of a good deal. Do the math.