1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What Dealers Would You Recommend Others Avoid?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by mr.scott.com, Jun 28, 2009.

1. alohabailey

alohabailey New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Hey gkmabe, yes Allen Blakemore is my dealer. A sweetheart of a guy. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I just got back from NC. Beautiful place to live. Jim Barkley is great. 300 off MSRP.
    No doc and dealer fees and NO toyoguard. :) It really was an easy transaction. You can check their inventory. Tell Allen that Lucy from NY recommended you. He even made sure to look over the car for me b/c I was traveling such a long way. Goodluck!

2. drmvk2000

drmvk2000 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I agree Antwerpen Toyota has - intimidating sales team and bad customer service once the car is sold. Never buy from them.

3. frogpond1

frogpond1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Manchester Toyota; They let potential customers drive Prius' that have already been sold with deposits on them. Sorry but if I came in to pick up my car and saw it was being test driven after putting a deposit on it I would be pissed.

The rest of the dealers in CT are very shady with the exception of Wallingford Toyota but they are pricey. So far no one can match the offer we got from Acton Toyota in MA. Yes a 2 hour drive for us but two points less on the interest rate and aprox. 1300 less than the dealers around here. Next week is pick up time if all goes well.

4. walterm

walterm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I would agree with your description of Autoland - they are good to avoid.

But I have had 3 positive buying experiences from Route22 Toyota (Hillside) - most recently a 2010 IV with sunroof, at MSRP. Maybe it depends on which salesman you get (if anyone would like to know who I've dealt with please email or PM me).