1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What did you do to ur Gen III Prius today????

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by sfv41901, Jul 23, 2012.

1. tuskin

tuskin Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Filled tank today, last tank average 59.5 MPG and got 576 miles

amos, granTORRESmo, MPGRaja and 5 others like this.
  2. Nopho4u

Nopho4u Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Been away from prius chat for a bit. Been partying it up in socal and been super hung over for days but I went to visit my buddy who makes custom wheels (custom offset and widths).

He's on auto cature wheels? in 19's

IMG_20171128_162919_042.jpg

3. MPGRaja

MPGRaja Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    One
    That’s amazing(y)!!!
    I miss the time when my car was completely stock and commuting from Compton to Irvine would get me 613 miles out of full tank :oops:.

tuskin likes this.
  4. tuskin

tuskin Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    nice to get 600+ . I didnt want to push it 600 miles as the level was already blinking and the remaining miles were already at Zero. So filled up before ran out of gas hehe.

MPGRaja likes this.
  5. Xterra72

Xterra72 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona

I pushed mine too far, ran out of gas, depleted the battery, lost steering control, had it towed to the nearest gas station, filled it up with gas, then to the dealership.

Just before I committed the car to service, I tried to start the car one more time and lucky me, the car started.

A few have experienced that once you ran out of gas and depleted the battery, only the dealer can get it back up to start.

Montgomery, James Powers and MPGRaja like this.
  6. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Born to be wild

7. PutPutMobile

PutPutMobile Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That’s awesome. I can barely make 46 mpg on my 18” wheels:ROFLMAO:. Maybe I’ll go back to black stocks next year.

8. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey prius people, im just wondering... im installing some Phillips DRL`s this week. And i called my closest toyota dealerships so they could change the setting for "driving lights at day" from "on" to "off". Since it got the Day/night sensor. But the dude said that that isnt possible? it says in my handbook and ive contacted Carista and stuff to make sure its possible. Both the book and Carista says it is fully possible... Then i asked him why and he just said "not possible" the car dont got that feature. I said it said in the handbook then he made up another excuse "It will be way to expensive to make DRL work with this car". Like i just bought phillips DRL lights (7,5Watt) made for Electric cars and Hybrid (latest version of "tech" they sell for as DRL). So i just wanna make sure with u guys that i understand this whole thing correctly. The DRL`s i bought for my 2011 (no DRL stock on 2009-2011 prius so thats why im adding it if anyone confuses it with the facelift model 2012-1015). They come with a control box u hook up to the battery, when the control box feels the battery is charging (probably cause the voltage increases from like... 12 to 14 i guess). is when it turns them on. It also comes with another little wire u hook up to whatever other wire that sends electricity when the normal headlights is on. That little wire makes sure the DRL turns off when the headlights and every other lights turn on (like when u r in a tunnel or whatever dark place). But yea, is that how the aftermarket DRL`s works on ur cars works also?

9. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Magnus, get some H11 harnesses like this:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F282727654886

Then wire your DRL override wire, the one that turns off the LED DRLs when you turn on your headlights, to the positive wire on the wiring harness. Plug the H11 harness in between the lowbeam connector from the oem wire that connects to your headlight bulb and the bulb itself. You'll only need to use one harness, and it is desirable to use a harness like this so you don't have to cut or splice into your car's wiring.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

MagnusAG99 likes this.
  10. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ahha, I see, only thing is that I don’t have the halogen or god lights I guess they r called? I got the LED headlights. Like the OEM factory LED headlights with the two small projectors (just u know which I am talking about)
    Is these usable or does the connector thingy fit the connector on the LED headlights? (I understand what u mean about how I’m supposed to use them Btw, very smart)

11. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Unfortunately, the connectors on the LED headlights aren't standard H11 connectors as far as I know.

12. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yea... I know... I guess imma have to do some searching to find out what the connector is called and if there is some extender harnesseses for em. It has to exist somewhere... guess I’m have to go out to the car tomorrow and take a look on the connectors

13. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You can try messaging member sv472xvt who has made harnesses for the LED lights for those installing them in the non level five. He might already have the connectors and terminals.

MagnusAG99 likes this.
  14. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just did the simplest mod ever lol, bought some brake caliper "F-sport" stickers and put them on the headrest on the front seats. Simple but it looks surprisingly good.[​IMG][​IMG]
    Cant wait to get my valenti tail lights and my DRL lights now. Also plan to make a mod that lights up the OEM mirror blinker housings in white whenever i come close to the car. Like hook them up to the interior lights since they light up when the car feels the key is close. Or maybe im gonna hook them onto the wires of the doorlights. So the mirrors only light up when i open the door, dont quite know where to hook them yet. Ive bought some T10 sockets and LED T10 lights to fit somewhere in the housing.

James Powers likes this.
  15. Civiceg94

Civiceg94 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Ended up cleaning my intake manifold throttle body and made a home brew oil catch can. Its scary seeing oil in there when its not suppose to.

16. MPGRaja

MPGRaja Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Didn’t do anything to my car but did drive my uncles bone stock 2010 Prius all day. I can go on forever but here are few things I noticed:
    1. Gas pedal felt slightly heavy.
    2. At freeway speed (70-80MPH), I could feel the wind jerking the car. But the car was smooth.
    3. Side view mirrors sucked balls. Couldn’t see noting through the blind spot.
    4. No rear sway bar. Felt like the car had a mind of its own backthere lol.
    5. I might as well be driving with my headlights off cause I couldn’t see nothing ahead of me with the faded/yellowed OEM garbage headlight.
    My uncle gets his maintenance done on time but the car definitely lacked being loved.
    Today, it made me feel more appreciative of my car. Every mod I’ve done was to improve on the imperfections. Good experience.
    I LOVE MY PRIUS! :love:

17. torparts

torparts Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I remember those days from Compton to lax

I got 600 miles then I lost weight and dated kinny chicks and I went 650

MPGRaja likes this.
  18. tuskin

tuskin Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    snagged my wife's BMW frame and Now my Prius comes from Bob Smith In Calabasas :)

20171201_162459.jpg

Also doing the Pioneer 4201NEX this weekend finally. Pics will be posted once completed

m3pare and MagnusAG99 like this.
  19. MPGRaja

MPGRaja Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    One
    A little touch of Persona ;). The rear section of the floor had no insulation so I took some left over sound proofing material and laid it across. The black carpet really make the seats pop :)
    8ED22649-8C5D-489A-9C22-2FFE65F93C2D.jpeg

1094D3AD-6A73-4EA9-8087-EA1ADC4364E4.jpeg
    D66D4390-02F5-43F0-801F-82F2A4E99869.jpeg
    F73BC612-1CBA-4063-BEC7-B710647AB5C2.jpeg

#15059 MPGRaja, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  20. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    did it help on sound? my car still makes like... fair bit of noise of the road after isolating all the doors and the trunk. And u r right, those black carpets made it look really good.

ckam1989, Putu Ariawan and MPGRaja like this.