1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What did you drive before

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by B Rad, May 19, 2006.

1. Djsight

Djsight New Member

Traded a 95' Lexus SC300 with manual 5 speed.

I went from one unique car to the other. My only complaint with the Prius is non-luxury seats, I loved the electric seats in the SC300.

2. toyotablackbox

toyotablackbox New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I'm kind of crazy and have purchased a new car every year for the past 5 or so years. My first car was a 2000 Toyota Celica GT 4AT in silver, I traded it in for the first 2004 Scion xB in my area (Black Pearl 4AT), which I traded in for a 2004 Acura TSX 5AT silver, and then a 2004 Acura TL 5AT-Navi Black Pearl is what I just sold and am currently waiting for my 2006 Pack 4 Silver Prius to get here from Aichi Japan. I have loved all of my cars and traded them in for various reasons, (no-navi, no-auto A/C, etc...) but I am almost certain that the Prius will be my last car for many years. It is not about performance or luxury (I think it is very luxurious and adequate as far as performance btw) but It is about saving the world by using less gas and giving off less emissions. I love the technology and the ultra-quiet electric drive setup and it is definately a new way to think about cars in general. I guess I have changed as a person because of the Prius and have even started recycling more and conserving resources at home and at work. I have even 'converted' other members of our family to the Prius including my mother and grandfather. :D

3. cattail722

cattail722 cattail722

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    93 Honda Civic CX hatchback, red

No bells or whistles, standard, bought it used in 2001 with 91,000 miles on it and sold it to a nice college kid who was interested in tinkering with the car with about 145,000 miles on it. It was a great car, but it was definately time for me to move on and get my very first brand spankin new car with the bells and whistles. I actually had looked into buying a used 2004 or 2005 Prius, but found they were more expensive then buying one new. Go figure. So, I put myself on the waiting list and 2 months and 1 week later, got my Prius. My friends will tell you that I talked about it incessantly for about a year, though. I think they are happy that I finally have the thing and can stop talking about getting it! I've had it for about 3 months, and couldn't be happier with it. There isn't another car out there that I'd rather have!

4. savingtheearth

savingtheearth Junior Member

2005 BMW 745
    Went from 18 way adjustable power seats with a/c and heat to two way manual seats!
    But 19mpg and co2 emissions to 47mpg and no co2!!

5. xxxlmpg

xxxlmpg New Member

2002 Nissan Xterra Super Charged.
    2000 BMW M5
    1998 BMW M3

To give you a sense for the rapidly changing market, my 1998 M3 had 240 bhp at that was a lot - the accord hybrid has more than that! I wonder if the germans will ever do a hybrid.