1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What did you pay for your 2016 Prius out the door?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by annexedwa, Mar 6, 2016.

1. lisantica

lisantica Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm in So. Calif.
    Bought it from Moss Bros. Toyota in Moreno Valley, CA.

2. texasdiver

texasdiver Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    My local dealer is offering Costco pricing of $650 off the dealer invoice plus my choice of 0% financing or the $2000 Toyota rebate. Got 1.99% financing from my local credit union so will go with the rebate. Don't have the sheet in front of me at the moment but I think that comes to just under $5000 off the MSRP for the 4 Touring I'm looking at.

I haven't decided if I'm going to shop around or just take that deal. I'm in Vancouver WA area just across the river from Portland so lots of dealers down there I can shop that all have large inventories. I don't really have the time to chase around all over town right now as I'm starting a new job. Just as soon buy from the local guys unless they give me a reason not to. So far they have been really easy to deal with.

3. roadwarrior28

roadwarrior28 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    If you have the time to email all the dealers in the area, and then use their quotes against each other ("ladder negotiating") it could prove advantageous. I would look at Wilsonville and Gresham Toyota dealers. Good luck!

4. duke777

duke777 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've been looking for a Prius 4 with Advanced Tech Package. I've blanketed most local / regional dealers and the best price I've received is 26,150 plus tax and tags which should make it 27,747. I'm still waiting on a few more offers but how does this compare? thanks

5. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Isn't that like $7000 off? If so that's a crazy deal...

6. duke777

duke777 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That would be an insane deal, but I am looking for a 4 without the convenience package so no more like $5500, which may be as good as i find.

7. duke777

duke777 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    III
    follow-up: I went to my local dealer b/c my wife wanted to drive the car before we bought. Prior to this visit, they had honored the True Car price but i was getting better quotes from my emails to other dealer. After we drove it I told them what my best offer was 26,150 and they said it was such an aggressive offer that they couldnt beat it but they could match it - . I told them I'd take it but i had to wait for the check from my credit union. They said i could bring the check when it got it. I thought that was a nice touch so i signed the papers and damn if i didnt get an email as i lay that pen down from another dealer saying they can beat that price by $500. So that would have been a Prius 4 with ATP for 25,650. About 6k of MSRP. Or 27,200 OTD.

It was a local dealer so I didnt fret the $500 too much and the guys were great. The bummer was that the other dealer was part of the same dealer umbrella company but in another town.

If any one cares the dealer I bought it from was Glen Mills Toyota and the best offer came from Princeton Toyota.

MitchR likes this.
  8. tjp

tjp New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey y'all. Got my Prius for ~22k OTD (two + tint + few add ons) this weekend. This forum and reviews here helped me a lot. Am getting great mileage - but only 120 miles driven as yet. Will wait for statistics to converge over time.

bikes4u and Fanatic like this.
  9. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Oh nice! Congrats. And yeah they are both Team Toyota dealers. Lol.

My parents bought both thier RAV4 and Highlander from Glen Mills (Team Toyota) and that's where I test drove the first blue crush two that came to the region back then.... I bought my old Scion Xb from them also back in 2004/5ish. They low balled me a few times on trade in appraisals so I haven't been back to buy from them...trade ins always complicate things.. They do have a great Prius selection though I must admit.

Bought my last 4 Toyotas from Del (they have since lost me as a customer) and just bought my 2016 Three w / ATP at Conicelli Springfield and let me tell you when I say it was the easiest and smoothest transaction ever!! I actually have been using Conicelli Springfield for our toyota service needs for quite some time as it is the closest toyota dealer and we have been quite happy with them on that front too.

10. duke777

duke777 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Good to hear about Conicelli - they were the dealers that gave me the least amount of back and forth on pricing which was what my initial email had requested from all the dealers - in short give me your best price to minimize the haggling. I was impressed with Conicelli - no BS.

Blizzard_Persona likes this.
  11. kenji4861

kenji4861 Member

Can you tell us the base price before tax/docs?

12. Nerdmaster

Nerdmaster Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just bought a Prius Three with ATP today. Gray/moonstone. MSRP was 29,742. Price was 24,650 plus 589 "doc fee." Only negotiated for about 5 minutes. With tax/tags, it came to $26,096 out the door. No trade, as I have a 2014 VW TDI I am waiting to turn back in to VW for $26K (which is exactly what I paid for it 3 yrs ago). So I am breaking even. I probably could have harangued them a little more and gotten the price slightly lower, but I thought this was pretty good. I will miss the torque and manual transmission on the VW, but the "clean diesel" was all just a sham I guess. Hoping for a long time in the Prius!

MitchR likes this.
  13. kenji4861

kenji4861 Member

Carson Toyota in California does $23999 but that includes $2000 rebate and black applique. I think you have a $1500 rebate? I feel you could've got another $300-400 or so off but still a good deal. Congrats!

#73 kenji4861, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  14. Coast Cruiser

Coast Cruiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Spoofee is back! :ROFLMAO:

You don't list a Prius, or a location... Hmmmmm. At least you can say your from another planet, or something!

When I was shopping dealers, Carson Toyota was the 2nd highest priced. Just couldn't make a deal there.
    You're not Dianne, are you??? :)

15. tjp

tjp New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    approximately $20,500.

16. Pijoto

Pijoto Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    And I thought I got a good deal on my Gen 3 Prius last year, with $5K off MSRP...crazy that you were able to get a Gen 4 for a similar price already. Makes me wish I had waited a year longer....but, like they say, be happy with what you got, love my Gen 3.

tjp likes this.
  17. sjr14221

sjr14221 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Please tell me what you are saying to get these great prices. The most the dealer was willing to give me was $2000 off (ie, the rebate). they showed me the MSRP and the "invoice" price and told me if I could find it cheaper elsewhere to get it. In a perfect world, I'd like to see $5000 off msrp and free financing.

I have a specific color and trim level in mind with ATP Option. Thought I could get a better deal with a 2016.

Thanks.

18. MichelleStone

MichelleStone Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You get a Costco price (if you are a member). AARP and True Car also offer some discounts. If you are a member of any auto clubs, call them. Your credit union may be able so pull some strings. I got the standard $2000 rebate and the Costco price. Together the two "discounts" got me a little bit more than $4600 off on my trim level 4 with ATP and PCP.

DonDNH and sjr14221 like this.
  19. JoeyAtl

JoeyAtl New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Is Costco better than USAA price?

20. MichelleStone

MichelleStone Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I don't have a clue. I got a $2600 discount with Costco.