1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What display screen does everyone use most of the time??

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by Kmullin80, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Fauxknight

Fauxknight Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I noticed my friends liftback shows the instantaneous on the left display with his current mph, so he can see the instantaneous and HSI at the same time. That's how I'd do it if I could.

ztanos likes this.
  2. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    eco score

3. Species5618w

Species5618w Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Eco score for me. I mostly ignore the score itself, but uses it as a tacho meter and ev mode indicator. I change to 5 min consumption on highway since the ev mode would not engage anyway.

Maybe it's just the color balance in the video, but I find the Prius's display somewhat dated. However, it shows two things that are useful. 1. The instance MPG for all displays. 2. The outside temperature. I really wish those two are displayed on all screens (or on other screens like the Prius) on the C.

Another thing I wish is a way to cycle through the screens in reverse order. We have so many buttons on the steering wheels, but they are mostly single use. Switching from 5min to eco score is painful since I have to cycle through every screen.

minkus likes this.
  4. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    If you have a 3/4 you can hit the car button on the radio to pull up your instant mpg. You can also touch the circulate button on the steering wheel (touch, don't push) to pull up the temperature.

coyote303 likes this.
  5. Species5618w

Species5618w Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Thanks, but I got a C2 (or the equivalent of it). :(

I think I should be able to pull those off the OBD II though, so there's still hope. :)

6. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Temperature doesn't show on Torque. At least not the standard. You might be able to add coding for it though. The instant does show up and is, if not perfect, extremely close.

7. I use the one with the green arc and scores... I kinda wish it had the "98% regenerated" or a continuous battery gauge like with the C-MAX instead of individual bars. I also wish I could see the RPM when the engine is on.

8. james cook

james cook Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I wish the eco meter had it's own window...it's

9. DadofHedgehog

DadofHedgehog Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    +1

10. Phil 29 Palms CA

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    The.ECO Score is my favorite!

11. QuantumIguana

QuantumIguana New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I use ECO Score. The Power Monitor was fun at first, but not as practical.

12. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    The power monitor helped me get familiar with how the hybrid system works, after that I've pretty much stuck with ECO score. I go back to the power screen when I want to explain it to someone new.

13. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    On the C3/4 you get the power monitor on the HU, which is nice to show people on a bigger screen. :) Be jealous, it's cool. :)

14. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Car information on the HU is sadly something we miss out on down here on our otherwise fairly high spec models. :(

15. pip86

pip86 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I've had my C for about three weeks. I primarily use the Eco Score screen on my Multi-information display, but during the first week I was using the Display Audio screen to show the Energy Monitor. Now I'm using the Display Audio screen to show Pandora or Maps.

Being that my C is my first hybrid, the Eco Score is a more natural way to obtain feedback from the car. In all other cars I've driven, I have been able to use sound and the RPM gauge to determine the status of the engine. I find the Eco Score easy to relate to, given that I'm new to hybrids, and that it kind of feels like a RPM gauge.

Sidenote: I love hearing all of the differing opinions here, and I can't wait until my next drive to try out some of the other menu screens!

Rob.au likes this.
  16. iSphinx

iSphinx Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I switch mine back and forth between Eco Savings/Eco Score. When I got the car the guy did not tell me that my A and B trip can each be monitored on the Eco Savings mode which I thought is pretty neat! BUT, I mainly use it to make sure I am doing okay on my driving and not in the "red/power" zone especially when coming from a complete stop. Having a Prius now has me more cautious and safe when driving now compared to my last car where I would've just accelerated as fast as I could to start moving. I also realize now how many reckless drivers are out there as well :cry: (n)

17. kbcomputer

kbcomputer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm used to using the Energy monitor on our Gen II Prius -- on that car, it's the best way to balance instantaneous MPG and energy flows. My new C-2 (with the smallish multifunction display rather than the larger nav display) doesn't show instantaneous MPG on the energy screen, and it seems like the C 2 doesn't like to run in "neutral" (ICE off, no EV flow showing) nearly as much as the II does. So the Energy monitor screen doesn't help much on the C. I'm still fooling around with the different screens to see which one is best.

Having said that, I've managed 53 MPG in the 100+ miles that I've had the car; when we had the Gen II new, we got 40- MPG until we figured out how to drive it properly, and even today in equivalent suburban driving here it gets 45 MPG if you're careful. So I'm hardly complaining! (and the C is more fun to drive, if smaller and a wee bit pokier, than the GII.)

18. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Well, you know what? I've made the switch. I now mostly use Eco Savings set to Basic.

I know what the ECO Score is going to say anyway. It probably still has a role in constantly challenging you, but for now I got sick of seeing bad scores because a light turned red or some other factor.

ztanos likes this.
  19. Delta Flyer II

Delta Flyer II Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Eco Score screen on the C and HSI screen on the Gen III

20. RGEYER0

RGEYER0 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c