1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What do I get with a $200 parts and service voucher from my dealership?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by came_to_party, Jun 18, 2013.

1. came_to_party

came_to_party Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I bought my Prius 4 through Costco and as a result, got a $200 voucher good for parts, accessories, or service at my dealer. It has to be used by December 1 and it's a one time credit, so I lose any portion I don't spend. Since I'm probably not going to need any service that isn't already covered before then I'm left with having to spend it on parts and accessories. I already bought a set of all weather floor mats and had the car tinted elsewhere, so those are out, and I'm not interested in lowering it, so springs are out. So, what should I get?

EDIT:
    I am interested in one of those all-weather trunk mats, but I'd be perfectly fine getting an aftermarket one since I'm sure the Toyota one is an arm-and-a leg. That's why I went with the $20 rubber floor mats from Costco instead of getting the $100 custom Prius ones.

2. wotcher

wotcher Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    trd sway bar. it will reduce your sway during turns and high winds. (y) or how about a discount towards the ground effects kit. besides looking cool, it will reduce your coefficient of drag and make your car slightly more aerodynamic (slightly increase mpg). the toyota rep at to go even pointed this out.

3. R Scneider

R Scneider Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Don't know how much room you have to store things but replaceable cabin filters come to mind.

Blu-ray likes this.
  4. came_to_party

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four

The sway bar is a possibility, we took it on a 400 mile road trip this past weekend and I wasn't too happy with the handling on the highway when it was windy. Much as I'd like to have the body kit the car is really my wife's and she doesn't want the body kit (or the suspension). Thanks for the suggestion. I don't suppose you know the price of the sway bar? I can't imagine it would take up the whole $200...

Just checked online, the sway is about 245. Seems pricey but I guess there aren't many sway bar manufacturers for the prius. :)

5. came_to_party

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Got plenty of room for storage. You got me thinking about buying parts I may need down the line. Other than the air filters, what else could I get that I would need to buy down the line, brake pads?

6. burstaneurysm

burstaneurysm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The TRD sway bar for the 08 xB also fits. The dealer might have that for a little less than the Prius Plus bar.

7. eliteconcept

eliteconcept 700 mile club, top tank mpg 69.5

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    noooooooo brake pads. I think they've been known to last around 100k.
    This is a good question. cause your covered under toyota care for 2 years. You could probably just end up getting cash for this by buying toyota air and cabin filters and then selling them to members on here?? I have no idea.

Does your dealer do window tinting? Could probably get that done if so. help reduce the cabin heat build up.

8. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I got a Cargo Net from the dealer. It was about $50. Great for holding my laptop in place.

They have a few accessories just pick what you like.

Toyota Prius Accessories

My dealer sells after market bike racks, surfboard racks, etc by Thule. Snow chains also.

image.jpg

9. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Maybe the trunk mat and a windshield sunshade. My salesman gave us one for being a repeat customer, and it fits the Prius perfectly, it even covers the small triangular windows. The front window is really large and raked at a good angle, so a lot of heat comes in when parked in the sun.

Those two items should get you close to or over the two hundred dollar mark. If not, buy a cabin filter or some wiper refills.

10. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I second the recommendation for a custom fit Prius Sunshade. Keeps the vehicle cooler in the sun, and protects the dash and steering wheel from UV sun rays blasting on them.

In the hot summer months, I love my sunshade.

11. andreyco

andreyco Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I spent the $90 on official Prius all-weather floor mats. Definitely worth it. They are way more durable then the $20 walmart junk and won't slide forward and press your gas pedal for you.

JMD likes this.
  12. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Not really, as the factory windshield already has a 100% UV cut rate. It'll cut down on the heat though.

13. The Electric Me

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Really? I was unaware that The Prius standard windshield offered a 100% UV blocking rate.

The Toyota Prius Brochure defines the windshield as being "UV reduction glass windshield". I'd think if it blocked 100% of UV rays they would say that, instead of just "reduction".

14. came_to_party

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four

I've been using the sunshade that I had in my old car, which of course is too small so I have to wedge it in with the visors. It's a huge help in keeping the steering wheel and the dash cooler than if I didn't have it up. I'll take a look at the custom one though as a few people have mentioned it.

15. came_to_party

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four

that's impressive that your dealer offers all that, I'll have to call and see what mine offers other than the regular toyota parts.

JMD likes this.
  16. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I think they are trying to upsell when you wait for your car. They give your free wifi and coffee and cookies. You can purchase snacks cheap. New car display etc

image.jpg

17. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    They're not referring to just the front windshield but all the windshields (sides and back), even though when we say windshield we mean the front. The reason for that is the factory glass has a 89-100% UV cut rate depending on glass location so legally they have to say "reduction." Don't take my word for it. See 2010 Prius Window Specs | PriusChat

JMD likes this.
  18. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  19. The Electric Me

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well...I'm not doubting you more than I'd doubt anyone. Side effect of being extremely paranoid. To quote Al Pacino in Scar Face, "Who do I trust? I trust me!".

But thanks, it's good to know. I really wouldn't of thought Toyota would of afforded us that nice a windshield. I guess I can feel a little better those occasional times I'm in a hurry and forget to place my heatshield. At least I can know UV rays aren't pounding down on my dash.

To the OP....I'd still highly recommend a custom fit sunshield. Especially if you are without the Sunroof Ventilation System. Oregon may have an economy of few very, very hot days BUT we do get our share. And I have found that if I use the heatshield and leave my front window cracked, I can return to a relatively approachable interior. If I forget and have been parked in the sun? It's like entering the 7th circle of hell.

32k? I trust you......well sorta.....

20. wotcher

wotcher Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    c'mon theres no better sun shade than the prius heatshield offered here on priuschat. i ordered a few myself. they work great. and they support the forums/site.