1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What do I have?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Skarka, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Skarka

Skarka Junior Member

How do I know this? I read about it in Priuschat. But my memory ain't what it used to be.

Here ya go:
    To get your own copy of "The Prius that shook the World", call Toyota
    MDC at 1-800-622-2033. Ask for publication number 00606-PRIUS-BOOK.
    The cost of the book is $0.00 and shipping is $5.95. I am told they
    have "a lot" of copies in stock.

2. Skarka

Skarka Junior Member

<<Headlights:
    Off - explanatory
    dot - side marker lights, rear lights
    ON - everything above and headlights>>

Yeah, I missed this when I was playing. Hate when I do that.

When I leave the headlights in the Auto-ON position, it seems to keep the MFD in "night" dark mode, even if it's daylight and the lights are off.

3. kirbinster

kirbinster Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skarka\";p=\"105222)</div>
    Called today and was told all gone no more copies - ever!

4. prius04

prius04 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skarka\";p=\"105236)</div>
    The MFD can be adjusted to stay in day mode all the time.

Check the manual. It is done thru the menu button. In fact there are other options that can be adjusted as well.

5. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

You found a nice car, hope you got a good price.

6. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Why would you want the MDF to always be in day mode and blind yourself at night??? :crazyeyes:

Turn your headlights on, then roll the dimmer switch (on the dash near your left knee) to the full bright position. That tells the MDF to go into day mode . . . then just flick the dimmer down when you want night mode on the MDF.

The dimmer also controls the dash displays (speedo, etc), but the dimmer only tells the MDF to go into day mode or night mode.

The brightness and contrast of the MDF can be adjusted for day mode and also separately for night mode. (If you are so inclined, you can adjust the MDF where the night mode is brighter than the day mode. Also makes no sense!)

You must be in the respective mode in order to adjust the MDF for that mode.
    Headlights off for day mode.
    Headlights on and dimmer not in full bright for night mode.
    Press the Display button on the perimeter of the MDF, then adjust away.

I believe the MDF display color is listed under “Screen Settings.â€
    Unfortunately you can not program one color for day mode and one for night . . . they both must be the same color.

7. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skarka\";p=\"105236)</div>
    You can't be in night mode with the headlights auto-off, as the headlights won't auto-off unless the car is powered off THEN the door is opened. So if the car is off, no dash/MFD. If the car is even in ACC mode, headlights will remain on.

If you like to leave your headlights on during the day, you can put the dash in DAY mode by moving the dimmer until it detents. The MFD can be locked into DAY mode over the dash being in night mode as described above. You can only change the MFD day/night mode when the dash is in night mode.

Homelink: try following the instructions to completely erase the homelink, then program your remote into it. It usually takes longer to lock in the remote freq. when programming than the manual states. Wait for the change in blink pattern.
    If you have a rolling code remote, then once the homelink is 'locked in', you have to program your base to accept the homelink, as if you bought a new remote.