1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What do I offer for a 2016 Prius Two?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Lucy Lee, Jun 3, 2016.

1. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Ally Bank pays 1% risk free. As Mr. Mischief pointed out there are other opportunities with higher risk.

Toyota has to make money somewhere. Where's the catch on the 0% loan? Is the price of the car higher? Can the 0% loan and the rebate be combined?

2. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    You can request 0% or the $1500 rebate; both are supported by Toyota. You can't get both (at least from Toyota). Dealer sets final price and it's up to you to negotiate to get what you're comfortable with.

3. MrMischief

MrMischief Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well.... I negotiated fairly hard to set the price, then when it came time to finance they showed me whatever their first rate was but said "and you get the $1,500 rebate." I said no I want the 0% then they tried to take the rebate back and I said I wanted that also. "Can't do that" they say... fine, call me when you want to give me that, I say.... and before I even got out of the finance guy's office I had the $1,500 "rebate" and the 0%. I'm sure it was just more money off their deal, makes me think I may have overpaid some, but I left the dealer feeling like I got a good enough price. I'm thinking a portion of my experience may have to do with my trade, a V8 SUV seems to be the popular choice right now. They didn't take it immediately to auction and they have a very profitable price tag marked on it on their website, so maybe I under sold my trade. oh well....

4. kenji4861

kenji4861 Member

That's the base price.

So it'll be $20.7K (that includes $1.5k rebate) + tax/docs.

Keep in mind they charge tax on before the rebate cost.

Dianne Whitmire (from this forum) is offering $20.977 with floor mat and center shifter/console cover.