1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What do the experts think of this product?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by kentricho, Aug 18, 2006.

1. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Aug 18 2006, 07:56 AM) [snapback]305254[/snapback]</div>
    Absolutely correct. A toilet is designed to create a vortex to help scrub the walls of detritus (BTW, it does not flush the opposite way in the southern vs. northern hemisphere. Outside of large-scale weather patterns, the relatively weak coriolis effect is only noticeable under laboratory conditions, not lavitory :D ).

My son has a little tube that attaches two 2-liter pop bottles together, used to make "tornadoes" if you swirl the water when you tip it upside down and watch it drain into the other bottle. If you swirl it correctly, you get a nice vortex and the water slowly drains. If you just tip it over, it drains straight down - and much faster. In other words, the vortex slows it down! :huh:

Car manufacturers agonize over details that give a difference of 2%, 1% or even less. If there was such a simple device that gave 16% more HP and 31% better fuel-efficiency, you can be sure it wouldn't be sold by some unknown outfit on e-bay. <_<

2. Actual Mileage

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZenCruiser @ Aug 18 2006, 12:10 PM) [snapback]305359[/snapback]</div>
    I must be. That is what I keep telling myself as I cry myself to sleep.

3. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Do any of you remember cow magnets? During the gasoline shortage of 1974 there was a very persistent urban legend that said taping cow magnets to your fuel line would improve gas mileage. A lot of people actually did it and the placebo effect worked, some of them swore they were getting better mileage. Actually some of them most likely were, they were driving better to prove to themselves that the cow magnets worked. Of course cow magnets are pretty cheap compared to some of the other junk.

4. Actual Mileage

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tumbleweed @ Aug 21 2006, 02:15 PM) [snapback]306821[/snapback]</div>
    Do you have any for sale?
    How do they work?
    Cows are not made of metal, are they?

5. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Aug 21 2006, 12:32 AM) [snapback]306552[/snapback]</div>

It's total CRAP! :rolleyes:

6. kentricho

kentricho Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Aug 21 2006, 02:32 PM) [snapback]306552[/snapback]</div>
    What, kind of like this one ?? :)

[​IMG]

7. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Cow magnets!? How could anyone not know that's bull?

Tell me they weren't shaped like cowpies. :)

8. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Actual Mileage @ Aug 21 2006, 01:46 PM) [snapback]306961[/snapback]</div>
    Actually it's for real. They are oval shaped magnets you feed to your cows. It seems cows eat pretty much anything including baling wire and nails which can be very bad for the bovine digestive tract, the metal pieces seem to stay there instead of being passed on through. When the cow eats a magnet the other metal pieces stick to the magnet and the bigger collection gets caught up with the rest of the waste and goes right on through, healthy cow again.

The fuel line "theory" said that the magnet would line up the fuel particles in the gas line on the way to the carburetor so they would get through easier and burn better. There was more to it than that but that's the general idea. It really seemed to do no good to point out that there wasn't anything in gasoline effected by magnets. But it was a harmless fad because cow magnets are cheap. In fact I'm told you can recycle them when they come through the cow.

Well that's it-honest. no bull

9. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    but who's going to dig through the field of cowpies or the gutters in the barn to recycle a cheapo magnet? :lol:

10. Actual Mileage

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Aug 21 2006, 09:44 PM) [snapback]307219[/snapback]</div>
    You need to meet some of the Yankee Swampers up here.