1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What Do Women Think of Men Driving Priuses?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by norak, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I know that when my DH is driving the Prius, I can barely restrain myself around him.... :p

2. NOVA-Prius

NOVA-Prius Superbad Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I told my husband about this thread, and he laughed, and advised me that guys who think about which cars women like aren't looking for meaningful relationships--they just want to get laid.

He also reminded me of a line from the movie "Crazy People", where mental health patients wrote advertising copy. Specifically, he cited this add: "Jaguar: For Men Who Want Hand-jobs From Beautiful Women They Don’t Even Knowâ€.

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    If you want a good car for dating, get an old VW beetle. They have those stirrup grab handles strategically placed for the back seat. Add a flexible woman and...
    :clap2:
    Tom

4. zeeman

zeeman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    you are scared what she will think of you driving a prius?

why would you care?

if what you drive makes you "what you are" then you have some insecurities to deal with.

the way i would put it to such lady is find an appropriate moment (like when she is introduced to your car) then say something like if she is displeased with your car choice:

"hey, if you do not like my car you can either get in the car or you are free to walk!"

which one do you think she will chose?

if your lady is judging you by the car your drive then she may not be someone you want be with.

5. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Okay, I read the article. Perhaps the writer of it didn't actually wash/wax/clean out his car. Seriously. I've had dates where I was picked up in rolling trash heaps (expensive rolling trash heaps). If a guy can't keep his car tidy, then his house is not tidy. If his house isn't tidy, then ... well, it just keeps going from there. If a (paid for) small, older car is lovingly attended to, with a shiny polish, clean upholstery, no trash on the floor, and wipers that work, then I know that this guy is someone that is responsible for the long haul.

It does boil down to what kind of woman are you trying to attract? I have a (not terribly polite, I know) tendency to laugh at guys that drive big/flashy/expensive vehicles. In their faces. Me thinks they be compensating....

6. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The camry wagon was good, if you found a woman who was interested you had plenty of room in the back to get down to business.

7. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Isn't the moral of the story that if you want to attract really shallow women and you don't have any other positive attributes, then you need to buy a Porsche? Maybe a Boxster S unless you can afford a more expensive one? :noidea:

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'd probably buy just about any car (other than an SUV or a truck) if I thought it would get me a girlfriend. Sure, it's shallow, but if you can't have a meaningful relationship, an un-meaningful one would be better than nothing. But in my case, I don't think even a Lamborghini would help, so I keep driving the cars I like: Prius for long trips, Xebra for short ones. Some day an EV that's a real car instead of a trike, as soon as one becomes available. (Waiting list is too long for a Tesla>)

9. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I think no relationship may be better than a bad relationship. I have formed this opinion by watching lots of episodes of "Cops". ;)

10. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Guy + Prius = HOTTTTT!

Unfortunately 99% of the guys I've seen driving Priuses have been senior citizens. But I did see a couple younger guys driving Priuses and thought very highly of them. Of course I'm married so I'm not looking for a guy, but if I were single, a Prius (or any other full hybrid or even an EV) would be a huge turn on.:cool:

11. perryma

perryma New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It's all about confidence. Women love it and all guys wish they had it. Trust me, if you have confidence in yourself, women will not care what you drive. If you meet a girl who is more interested in the car you drive than in you, keep on walking. She'll be needing a new fix every few months. Also, if your good looking, women don't care if you drive an old clunker. (I hope you ladies don't mind a man speaking for you). Oh yeah, I went to see a friend of mine the other day and his next door neighbor came out and she saw my car and ran over and gave me a big hug. She says I am her hero because I am doing my part to save the environment. I didn't tell her I was just trying to save money on gas-she's really cute.

12. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree with Daniel. The only women that would be "repelled" by my Prius are not the type I would like to be with. So far my car has not hurt my game. lol

13. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ok Sam, in your case the question becomes, would you let your daughter
    (or son I suppose) date someone who drives a Prius?

Norak, I think you should get a stiffening plate, just in case.

14. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Fortunately, I don't have a TV, so my world view is not distorted by the crap they show on it.

Confidence is probably a good thing. But in the eternal search for companionship, it's about a lot more than just confidence. Good looks and a charismatic personality count for a lot more than confidence.

15. kazie60

kazie60 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am a single woman who bought a 2008 Prius Touring #6 this week. The man/friend who drove me to pick it up saw how delighted I was with the car. Next day he bought himself one! Read that as you want.

I would be most impressed with what they did with the car - kept it clean, added things to it, had fun with it, got enthused about it. That would tell me a lot about the man and how I would react to his car choice.

I dated a man worth $100 million and he drove a Porsche which I loved, but not enough to stay with him. Bottom line, the man is not the car. The right woman knows the difference.

16. MPGsnob

MPGsnob New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Dont be such a bitch.
    :violin:

17. 911turbox50

911turbox50 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Are you serious? who cares!! try eharmony!!!

18. saminjax

saminjax Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    This is so true! Unless you want a material girl...yuk

19. saminjax

saminjax Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ooooh...stiffening plate...yeah, baby...

Seriously, though, yes - I would absolutely let my kid date a Prius driver. Someone who made such a great choice in a car might also have a lot of common sense.

20. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    or a 1 night stand.
    Even if you have a nice car, that type of woman soon vanishes if you are not "generous". However you may achieve your objective prior to her finding out your not.