1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What do you call fizzy sugar water?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Stev0, Apr 24, 2007.

?
  1. Soda

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Coke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other (please explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Back in college some of us tried to get our friend from Pittsburgh to see the light. He called it pop and we all called it soda.

He never did listen to reason and eventually moved back home where his funny talk wouldn't be so noticeable.

2. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Pop. It's a regional preference. Here in MN, most everyone uses pop, not soda. Yet, east in WI,
    or N into Canada, it's soda.

I prefer Dr. Pepper when I need caffeine and Welch's Strawberry when I don't.
    Probably one of each a day (which is one more than I should).

3. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've lived in various parts of the country, and everywhere I've lived I've always called it "soda."

I started making a conscious effort to avoid soda a few years ago though, and now I really don't like the taste of it anymore. Tastes like what it is: Fizzy syrup. When I'm thirsty I drink water, or I pulverize some type of fruit and drink that.

When I want "Something To Drink" I will go with a wide variety of fermented grape guts, or maybe some rotten barley juice. Distilled rye-mash is good too. Mmmmmm.

4. Earthling

Earthling New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Fizzy sugar water, indeed. I call it "history." I have completely banned it from my diet.

I noticed about a month after I stopped consuming it that I no longer had heartburn when I woke up in the morning, no more reflux.

The stuff is bad news. When you drink fizzy sugar water, you are passing up healthier alternatives like fruit juice or plain water. You are socking on calories, pressurizing your stomach and causing yourself problems.

My 2 cents.

Harry

5. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Earthling @ Apr 25 2007, 11:16 AM) [snapback]429755[/snapback]</div>
    Killjoy. :p

6. jiepsie

jiepsie New Member

Prik
    Limonade
    Frisdrank
    Soft

7. jgills240

jgills240 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I used to call it Coke when I was a kid, but then once I ordered a Coke and was waiting for him to ask me what flavor I wanted so I could order a root beer when he brought me a Coke. My first introduction to these "Brands". yea, my 'pop' had to explain it to me. I was dumb! :blink:

8. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Peoples! This isn't a "what soft drink do you drink?" poll (although that would be a good idea), nor a "Do you drink soft drinks?" poll. This is a "What do you call them?" poll....

9. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Apr 25 2007, 02:34 PM) [snapback]430119[/snapback]</div>
    Since I never drink them, I don't need to call them anything.
    But, if I were to call it anything, I guess I'd call it . . .

10 teaspoons of tooth rotting, diabetes inducing sugar-water with 150 fat producing empty calories per can.

[Hey, don't get mad at me . . . I clicked the * Other (please explain) answer on your poll . . . and you did nicely say 'please.' :p :lol: ]

10. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Everything are coke.

God bless Texas.