1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What do you consider the top 5 most right-wing publications?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by MarinJohn, Jan 16, 2007.

1. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mojo @ Jan 17 2007, 12:46 PM) [snapback]377004[/snapback]</div>
    Let me just start by saying that I am not a neo-con and I was against the second Gulf War. However, I do like to be well informed of opposing points of view, hence my familiarity with the neo-conservative sites.

The invasion of Iraq did not enhance the security of the state of Israel. On the contrary, it destroyed the natural balance of powers in the Middle East. Saddam's bark was worse than his bite. His regime presented no existential danger to the State of Israel. He did, however, keep the Iranian mullahs in check. With him gone, along with the other great enemy of Iran, the Taliban, no one is left to keep the Iranian military and nuclear ambitions in check. This is why Iran felt free to develop its military and nuclear ambitions to the point that it will soon present a credible threat to the security of Israel and its continuing existence.

Most top Israeli military and intelligence analysts correctly predicted this before the US invaded Iraq. Unfortunately, their concerns were ignored by the Bush administariton.

Yuval Diskin, chief of the Shin Bet intelligence service, said in a leaked briefing earlier this year that Israel could come to rue Saddam's ouster if it deepens regional instability.

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Jan 18 2007, 01:36 PM) [snapback]377332[/snapback]</div>
    I will respectfully disagree. I think Israel is a huge winner in all of this. Gone is Saddam who gave each suicide bomber a check for cash for $20,000 or $25,000. Gone is his support of Hamas, Islamic Jihad, etc. Also Libya which was not as closely aligned but still in that orbit - Kaddafi gave up his WMD's, his centrifuges, etc, etc. Bush supported Israel completed the separation wall, targeted assasinations, transfer of advanced American weapons like cluster munitions, bunker busters, etc. Syria now has American troops and other pressure being exerted on it from the US keeping them on the heels. Significant pressure has ben brought by the US on Hamas and other terror groups in terms of transfer of monies, funding, etc - keeping them on their heels too. There is a greater respect for the US and our willingness to act then ever before. I wonder why Hamas, al-Qaeda and all the other "bad guys" over there voiced support for the democrats? That should be all you need to know.

Saddam kept Iran in check??? Like they did not start building their nukes while he was in power? He tried to build nukes himself - no?? You dont think he loved the concept of a nuclear Iran??

Fewer Israelis have died during the past year from terror attacks then in ages due to some reason(s) - a lot of them directly attributable to the War in Iraq and stronger ties between Israel and the US.

Anyway - we differ. I also think Olmert made a HUGE mistake during the last war - which he lost. The fact Halutz just resigned is a JOKE. I give Hamas\Fatah another year or so before they start picking another fight using the tactics and weapons Hezbollah used. Unfortunately a lot of Israelis will die tomorrow in battle because of Olmert's complete and total failure to manage the war properly. I think that those Israeli soldiers are still captive - NO? I think Hezbollah has completely rearmed - NO? Those young Israeli's died for NOTHING! Talk about war crimes against his own country - Olmert should be impeached and jailed.

3. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jan 18 2007, 10:56 AM) [snapback]377350[/snapback]</div>
    Do you consider yourself more knowledgeable in these matters than Israeli intelligence officials and Ariel Sharon's national security advisor?

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Jan 18 2007, 02:18 PM) [snapback]377361[/snapback]</div>
    I do not know - seeing how french and german and american and israeli intelligence officials all thought saddam had wmd's i have a fairly decent chance of winning that one :lol:

Tell me, are these the same guys who were giving Golda advice up to the Yom Kippur War too? The same guys trying to find the captured Israeli soldiers? The same guys who underestimated Hezbollah's strength and tactics costing hundreds of Israelis their lives? I know, they're the ones who are telling Olmert not to worry about Iran's intentions? The same guys who said to give back the Gaza - predicting peace in their time? I know, they are the same guys who predicted the sad state of Israeli reserve forces would be ok to defeat Hezbollah - the guys who neglected to train reserve forces adequately or modernize weapons stores - those intelligence guys.

Some how the current state of Israeli intelligence does not engender the same type of respect and accuracy in me today that they did decades ago. Maybe their focus on the easy life, making a schekel or two in the market, a little arrogance and egocentrism - hopefully this past war in Lebanon shook them up a little bit. In either case, we will see sometime in the very very near future. Hopefully by then Olmert will either be in jail for civil crimes he committed or he will be out of office - if the Arabs were smart they would attack while he is in place - take advantage of a weak mind and soul every time you can when it comes to fighting.

I can tell you in my Krav Maga classes, the regular Israeli Joe has no love or respect for him.

5. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    David,

I think that this essay, which appeared in the Jerusalem Post last year, was written with you in mind:

Essay: Brooklyn's not-one-inch crowd

[Excerpts]

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Jan 18 2007, 03:51 PM) [snapback]377407[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the thought - but I will still respectfully not agree with you - no matter how self-serving that editorial is.

I could almost care less what the current state of affairs is politcally in Israel. The same question I have holds for them as does for my fellow countrymen here - how many innocent citizens will die before the threat(s) are taken seriously.

In terms of Israels policies I remain at times in a state of complete shock. Israel has given the Sinai back twice and has at best a cold peace with Egypt - they are still arming the Palestinians in the Gaza strip and providing them with intelligence, money, etc - and this is the best thing Israel has gotten in return for unilateral concessions.

Southern Lebanon - for land, Israel got war and the probability of another round of war with greater casualties in the near future. They got a stronger, wiser, more confident Hezbollah. Good deal for them - disaster for Israel. They have also empowered Iran at the same time - good going Olmert.

Gaza - for land Israel got over 1,000 Kassams launched its way killing dozens - heck Olmert does not even try to protect his people - would Bush let Mexico launch 1,000 rockets into Texas??

So, they still have the West Bank - heck give it back. I could care less. See if that gets them peace. Want to bet me?? I will take the no side. Then you have nothing left to give except Jerusalem - heck give that back too. You think that will give you peace?? I will place a bet on that one too. Do you want to bet on peace after Israel gives back everything post 1967 or even post 1948???? I will - and i will take the no side.

I want peace as much as everyone else does there. I do not live there, but i have dozens of family members there - who moved there in the 1880's. I see the achievement of peace from a different perspective than you - which is fine. It will come down again, to how many more Israelis will die before they see it the same way I do. The Palestinians do not want peace , they cannot afford peace for lots of reasons. Peace will not happen in the near future unless the dynamics of the equation are changed. That change will either be voluntary or involunvtary on the Israelis - it will happen either way.

7. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jan 18 2007, 04:23 PM) [snapback]377431[/snapback]</div>
    I will expand a little. The Palestinains cannot afford peace. They would lose all external sources of funding, they will lose the victim status given them by the left, the europeans, and jimmy carterites, they will be left examing the void that has become their society, and it leave all others who use them as a convenient excuse with an empty bag. And besides what would the UN do with all the free time on its hands?