1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What do you keep inside your prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by alasnik, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nicos @ Dec 31 2006, 01:39 PM) [snapback]368939[/snapback]</div>
    In Ohio you better have your insurance card w/ you. Police like to see the registration and it can help on occasion, but not required. There is not enough personal info on those two items to put you at increased risk.

2. nicoss

nicoss New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Jan 5 2007, 07:44 AM) [snapback]371240[/snapback]</div>
    Same in CA but please check this comment:

http://priuschat.com/index.php?s=&show...st&p=369202

Also review articles about Identity Theft !!

3. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fphinney @ Dec 27 2006, 01:24 PM) [snapback]367048[/snapback]</div>
    Do you have the Smart Key System? If so, how do you store/hide a spare fob without allowing the doors to be opened? I was told by a cop that it's a bad idea to try hiding a key outside the vehicle because car thieves usually can find them if they feel motivated to steal your car.

Bob

4. IndyDoug

IndyDoug New Member

I keep some Jager handy in my Prius.

[​IMG]

5. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bob Allen @ Jan 5 2007, 12:11 PM) [snapback]371327[/snapback]</div>
    I saw one post that said they removed the battery from the fob, without a battery the fob doesn't work with SKS. The key would have to be used to open the door and the fob would have to be inserted into the slot in order to use it (without the battery) in an emergency if you lost your primary key. There are so many places to hide it and I'm sure there are so few people that hide a key on their car that I think it would be highly unlikely that anyone would even bother to look for a hidden key on a car. I can imagine a quick check on a pickup truck because there are a lot of common places people hide keys around the bed, but I would think a person would have to know a key was hidden on a car to even bother looking.

6. dylandog

dylandog New Member

I try to travel light, but with three kids that's impossible (yes, they do fit... the 1 yr old in a Britax Roundabout, 8 y/o in the middle, and the 6 y/o in a booster).
    I carry:

* Small bottle of water
    * My kid's EpiPen
    * Sunglasses w/ wipe cloth
    * CDs are loaded in radio
    * iPod Aux cable (8")
    * Pens and little memobook
    * Black sharpie
    * Disposable camera
    * First aid kit w/ disposable gloves
    * Hand crank LED flashlight
    * "Juice" MultiTool
    * Screwdriver w/ Phillips and flat head bit
    * Little Man's stroller
    * Little Man's little box of toys (cars, mini MagnaDoodle, a small bear, a small sand shovel, his Stanford hat, Buzz Lightyear, and the YELLOW bulldozer.. not the blue one, not the red one, not the purple one... the yellow one ONLY).
    * Little bottle of Tylenol and Motrin
    * Change purse
    * A lighter.... you never know when a small campfire is needed :)
    * Emergency hammer
    * Small pouch with diapers and wipes
    * Plastic grocery bag for emergencies
    * Little bag for garbage
    * Pack of tissue
    * A few maps (I have Nav/GPS - but I like the security of having "the big picture", besides - some of the GPS directions are incredibly circuitous)

7. SiliconAddict

SiliconAddict New Member

-My PC toolkit bag
    -My Power Squid in the aux compartment in the trunk
    -My Swiss Army knife in the top glove compartment.
    -An emergency roadside kit in the hidden compartment in the trunk with a ton 'o stuff in it.
    -A small bag of sand in the trunk (About 10LBS.)
    -Weather radio in the armrest (I do A LOT of traveling around the Mpls Twin Cities area here in MN.)
    -Emergency laptop in the hidden compartment in the trunk. (Laugh but its come in dang handy a few times when someone has asked me to send them X or Y. All I do is find an open access point, SSH into my home network, send then the file, then put the laptop away again.
    -Excedrin
    -Sunglasses and regular glasses
    -Cleaning cloth for the MFD and the other shiny surfaces in the car.
    -Box of pens in the door compartment. (I pretty much work out of my car.)
    -Cell / PDA / iPod chargers in the armrest.
    Oh and a bunch of papers from work that are flying around the cabin.

I am geek, hear me roar.

8. member

member New Member

Hidden spare cash
    Collapsing shovel
    Tire cable chains
    Several small flashlights
    .44 magnum

9. fphinney

fphinney Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bob Allen @ Jan 5 2007, 10:11 AM) [snapback]371327[/snapback]</div>
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Bob -

I'm hoping that most car thieves aren't too smart. In fact, think about it - If you are planning to steal a car, you can't be any too brilliant!!

Yes, I have hidden the door key somewhere on the outside of the car. IF they find that, they still cannot operate the car! Then I hid the fob (battery removed) somewhere inside the car, so that I will have a way to start the car in an emergency. A guy can get pretty creative, when faced with hiding items from thieves.

So - - you see this aledged car thief will have to find TWO items to steal my car. That would be asking an awful lot of a guy who thinks taking other people's cars is intelligent.

10. lchamp

lchamp Veteran Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I just took delivery of my Prius yesterday. I haven't even had time to inventory what came with the car yet. I like some of the suggestions.

I think I'll forget the snow scrapers, though.

Cheers,

Larry

11. John in LB

John in LB Life is good

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I keep a set of really strong magnets on my front bumper... I get over 300 MPG in my Prius! :p

12. berylrb

berylrb Member

Great thread thatadamguy!

60 days and still going ... I don't have an exhaustive list but I found the perfect location for my square-base box of kleenex, it fits perfectly in the drawer under the center console cup holders! :D

The only thing that I keep that y'all haven't mentioned is a blanket for after workouts. after my spinning classes I'm drenched, so I keep a supply of blankets to cover the cloth seats, removing them upon use of course. ;)

13. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Another thing I now keep in my car: A small snow shovel. Which came in VERY handy after a blizzard we had a couple of weeks ago.

14. razzledazzlebee

razzledazzlebee New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have a bunch of stuff because I am an outside sales rep for Valpak (the blue envelope of coupons) and practically live out of my car during the work day... So, I won't bore you with all that stuff. But, I do have a couple of things that may not be on prior lists:

-iPod & its charger
    -Spray and wipe for the MFD
    -Wipes for the dash board that not only get the dust of but repel it as well!
    -Makeup (lipstick, mascara, eye shadow tweezers) and a brush, all in case I left unprepared from the house and realize it out in the field
    -Purell Disinfectant dispenser. *Very handy in the car*
    -six pack of water bottles just in case I forget my big one
    -Pens, sunglasses, essentials

15. jtmcculloch

jtmcculloch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    The only thing I keep in my trunk is the Complete Factory Service Manuals

16. Ichiro

Ichiro Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Usually just the nut behind the steering wheel!