1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What do you think about "Vialle" kit for LPG?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by duveral, Feb 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. duveral

duveral New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm from Spain, the south, I have a 3rd Prius 2010.

I have an appointment to turn my car into LPG this monday and tha is the brand the are installing. What do you guys think about Vialle as LPG kit? Thank you!

Burna J likes this.
  2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Haven't read about Propane conversions on Prius... The people doing the work will have to be pretty smart to get the engine to not complain/throw error codes. Make sure they don't deliver it with warning lights and say you'll have to live with it, because then you won't as easily be able to know when other things have gone wrong.

scona likes this.
  3. duveral

duveral New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh yes, they will keep the car for 4 or 5 days until they get the right performance (they lend me a car in the meanwhile). I'll post pictures if you like.

mjoo and Robert Holt like this.
  4. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes please... Also please share a list of parts they have to put in to help give us a perspective on how challenging this effort is?

5. duveral

duveral New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So far, they sent me pics of the installation of the deposit (75L), they offered me to install this one a little bigger for better mileage but they would have to get rid or the grey plastic mount you see in the pictures. I say yes so I'd get more mileage (600km).

1.jpeg

Attached Files:

• 2.jpeg
      2.jpeg
      File size:
      62.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpeg
      4.jpeg
      File size:
      65.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpeg
      3.jpeg
      File size:
      70.3 KB
      Views:
  6. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Interesting... Does this mean they leave the existing gasoline tank installed on the car so you can revert back to it by simply switching a valve? Or do they have to make changes to the engine too?

7. duveral

duveral New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Exactly, they leave the gasoline tank. In order to switch between tanks they will install a button in the dashboard so I'd only have to push it, also If the system is run out of gas will automatically switch to gasoline again. Everything without stopping the car engine of course.

PriusCamper likes this.
  8. Malko30

Malko30 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi Duveral,
    Vialle is one of the best lpg manufacturer in the world. You can be confident on the brand. It's italian, and in Italy there are many thousands cars running with this conversion kit. Sin embargo no comprendo porqué tu haces esta conversion considerando que el coche gasta muy poco.

9. duveral

duveral New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you for the information!Good to know. It's true is a car with low fuel cost, but even with that the money invested will be recover in my case in 2 years. Where I live is usual to see hybrid prius taxis with lgp.