1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What do you think of Lane Keep Assist?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Johnny Cakes, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I purchased my Gen3 used about a year ago and got the technology package for the dynamic cruise control (which is awesome!). I tried the LKA but thought it was just like my wife's Subaru -- just beep when leaving lane. So I never used it. After a year, I stumbled on a thread that talked about LKA actually steering the car. What an idiot I am for not realizing this earlier!

Anyway, about 1,000 highway miles later, it seems like its "kinda nice" but really could use more "umph." It will keep the car centered in a lane when going straight (which is really not that difficult anyway), but seems to not handle much of a curve at all.

Is that about right or have I missed something again? Other opinions?

2. Lucifer

Lucifer Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    My gen3 16 lane keep assist at 65mph would nudge me onto the road, it takes great speed and slight bends, but the the car yells at me ant tells me to put my hands back on the wheel, I prefer to hug the right side of the road on two way roads and highways, less chance of erratic drivers getting close so the LKA keeps beeping and then it tells me to pull over and rest, I leave it off.

My 17 prime advanced doesn't have as strong a nudge, to keep me in the lane, it also stays off.

3. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If DRCC is on too, it does pretty well at holding a curve; it takes minimal effort to keep it there. But like other LKA products in its generation, it only ping-pongs between the lane lines, and fairly gently at that. Newer varieties of LKA will keep you centered in the lane.