1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What does this do?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Lurking, Jul 21, 2022.

1. Lurking

Lurking New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all,

I just got a 2017 Aqua, Its going good so far but i have a few questions. From my google-fu i think its a Aqua S style black.

I have a few questions about some of the buttons, in the first photo what is the button on the left for? When it arrived from Japan the dealer had taken the radio out and it lit up when pushed. The dealer put a new English radio in and the button no longer lights up.

Has anyone seen the HDMI plug before and in what context is it used for, i'm thinking it might have something to do with the button that doesn't work.

For the fold down armrest i want to replace it with the center compartment from a G, does anyone know how hard it is to take off? Does that cap just pull off and you can unscrew it? Only asking as i dont think the center console will fit with it there.

Cheers all

Attached Files:

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sure what the button in the first picture does. It's a bit hard to see with the glare but it looks like switching screens or swapping plates (like the old Honda radios where you remove the faceplate... anti-theft device kinda thing).

The HDMI is probably for video in the old JDM radio headunit.

Nanoe is the ionizer (we use the Plasmacluster trademark in North America) for air purification.

The car with the noise is the toggle for the Vehicle Pedestrian Notification System (i.e. the noisemaker at low speeds)

bisco likes this.