1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What don't you like about your new Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Gen 2 Tom, Jul 23, 2016.

1. subsonicred

subsonicred Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm in the US and I have it. I changed to km/h and drove home from work that way just now--the change is exactly as described in the manual. (Had to do a little mental arithmetic to convert the speed limits. ;)) It also changed the odometer and "mileage" figures to km and L/100km. I didn't check the navigation screen or anything else before I changed back to mi/h, but when I drive in Canada I'll certainly be able to switch the speedometer to km/h. And there's no sticker in my manual. This is on a Four with ATP and PCP that I picked up on July 12 (in case early deliveries were different).

Coast Cruiser and dfine1966 like this.
  2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What?!? Ugh.... It's a possibility. I posed the question back in April. Canadian deliveries started March 1.

3. WeiW

WeiW Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    Had mine with ATP for two weeks now in Canada. I can change between mph and km/h as well. It is a bit inconvenient that I have to go through a range of settings to change it rather than a click of the button. I guess it is just how it could be done with so many technical features that I could adjust on the car. A row of buttons to enable/disable technical features would be ugly and taking up lots of space.

4. Autoist

Autoist Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I thought this at first too... but when I have condensation on the back window the wiper clears enough to see out the rear safely. Now I don't have to carry a squeegee to manually clear it... some is better than none.

Coast Cruiser likes this.
  5. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok so it's definitely an early-model issue. What the heck? Ours does not have that option. That is soooo weird.

Yes, a button like the Gen 2 or Gen 3 would be nice. It's not used *that* often though.

6. Hoddie

Hoddie Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have this setting on my menu but it doesn't do anything if I tap it. Tried it with the hybrid engine on and off just in case the setting is locked while the engine is on.

WP_20160802_17_23_07_Pro.jpg

7. booke02

booke02 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think that when you have it checked on, you will get a beep every time you touch/tap something on the screen

8. Hoddie

Hoddie Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The setting above that... :)

9. booke02

booke02 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know - I don't have that line !!!

10. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited

Thanks for the correction. I checked my printed manual (the original comment came from the PDF) and it had the magic asterisk (not via sticker). I then actually ran through though the settings display on the car and the conversion is missing. I have a fully loaded 4T ((i.e. with PCP). Note that on this model, the ATP options except the sunroof and HUD are included in the base package. I noticed that the setting appears directly under the HUD setting in the manual--perhaps it's only there if the car also supports HUD.

So does anyone have a non-HUDded Gen 4 that has a MPH km/h settings switch?

11. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    It's on the settings menu on the MFD, not the nav.

12. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It turns out later built Gen 4s have it. We've had confirmation from one US and one Canadian owner with newer cars (one said it was a July built, so he/she just picked it up).

It appears early built Gen 4s are missing this feature. There's an asterisk in the owner's manual that's added on as a sticker that adds "If equipped", so it implies that some 2016 models will have it (ones built from now on) and some won't (early built ones)

13. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    The only reports I have seen have been owners of Model 4's with ATP. Are you sure it's a early vs. late issue? That's why I asked if anyone who is not driving a 4 with ATP has it.

Alternatively, if someone who owns a 4 (not 4T) with the ATP package does not have it, that would also disprove my hypothesis and support your case.

14. MagyarPrius

MagyarPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I actually like the way my new 2016 Prius II drives. The look of the car, that's a different matter. I don't like the rear squiggly tail lights, or the toilet white plastic around the shifter stalk. Those are my only two complaints. As long as my new Prius is just as reliable as the other previous Prius I've owned, I will forever be thrilled. So far, so good. The comfort, A/C, and fuel mileage here in Florida are exceptional.