1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What feature do you wish your Prius had?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by norbert, Nov 28, 2004.

1. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    This is easy. The number one feature I wish the Prius had? A decent set of seat adjustments. I'm not asking for power, just some manual tilt and height controls. The last time I saw seat adjustments as pathetic as these it was in a 1987 Ford Aerostar my folks had when I was a kid. No wait...that had power lumbar support. For what is now a $30,000 car to have no more adjustments than back, front, and tilt is inexcusable.

2. spideyman

spideyman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I wish MINE had an MP3 CD player. I miss that a lot from my old car. :(

3. R1200GS

R1200GS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    rocket launchers.....

4. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spideyman @ May 10 2007, 02:29 AM) [snapback]438927[/snapback]</div>
    Are you sure it doesn't? My package 2 has the toyota radio with standard single cd, and it plays mp3's off the cd. It's had to believe your upscale model does not have one. If not, get an Ipod, put your mp3's into Itunes, and play through the aux port in center console.

I wish I had dedicated AC and heater on/off buttons, hardware type, on the dash or steering wheel. I'm gonna wear out my mfd punching all those buttons just to perform a simple task a couple times a day.

5. spideyman

spideyman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(abq sfr @ May 10 2007, 01:06 PM) [snapback]439284[/snapback]</div>
    I have only the Standard options with my model....No Option package. The CD player is just that AND I don't have an AUX port in my center console as that isn't a standard option. :( Just a power port which I plug a FM Transmitter into and play my MP3 player that way. Works okay, but I get a lot of bleedover from radio stations which sucks.

6. ozyran

ozyran New Member

A standard equipment LCD scrolling message display mounted low in the rear glass...so I can "talk" to the other drivers on the road :ph34r:

Other than that, there's the usual: ev mode, plug-in capability, standard solar roof, and a battery with a higher charge capacity than today's lithium-ion batteries.

And in my dream world: "Mr. Fusion" reactor; 'floating' holographic screen; OLED paint job to change the color and do wild paint schemes whenever I want; spokeless wheels that act as the stator, with tires mounted on a ring of metal that act as the rotor (and a logic system that provides power to one wheel and reduces it to another to give rail-like handling); ultra-lightweight lexan windshields and windows; LED headlights; composite Formula 1-style frame (with beams in the doors that integrate into the structure when they shut; Koenigsegg CCX-style doors; carbon-fiber body panels; fully adjustable shock absorbers; Wi-Fi and satellite connectivity for the ultimate in music playing. That's about it for my dream car. There's only one of those things that couldn't be equipped ;)

By the time it was done it should be thoroughly capable of kicking the butt of every production supercar out there :D

I'm not asking too much, am I?

7. craigk

craigk Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sunroof!

A "park button" that has its light on even when headlights are off--can't see it when I pull into a dark garage coming in from the sun. The shifter is easy to find and grab but the park button is harder to feel for in the dark. Same thing for the radio power button.

8. Tenebre

Tenebre Custom User Title

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I want something like Mercedes' Distronic (adaptive cruise control).
    I'd like to control my iPod via the same controls as the radio
    I'd like a glass roof like Citroën & Peugeot.
    [​IMG]

[edit]
    The AFIL system that Citroën has would be nice too... And making the ICE E85 compatible, well.. I want that.

PSA are developing a hybrid powered by a diesel (with a particlefilter) - I really want to try that.

[/edit]

9. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Lumbar support.
    Electric seats
    Reach adjustable steering.
    Rain sensing wipers.

10. bastcat8

bastcat8 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gripper @ May 9 2007, 11:35 PM) [snapback]438835[/snapback]</div>

I wonder what the mpg is since it has different wheels, a sunroof, and other body modifications? On another note...why are they selling this car? I guess that's why I'm not a movie star!

11. christob

christob Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Mostly been said before, but just in case anyone from Toyota R&D reads PC, I'll offer them again:

* Adjustable driver's seat (astonishing that it is missing!)
    * Better steering wheel tilt/telescope
    * Sunroof option
    * Dedicated coin holder/dispenser
    * Better accessory tray inside the lift-up center bin. In fact, copy the whole center bin design, including tray, power outlet (keep that AUX in, though!) and sliding armrest, from Honda Accord.
    * Put an AUX in jack (& why not---power outlet) in the cd cubby? Better yet, a fully-integrated iPod solution/or USB player/reader integration.
    * Built-in line/ground noise filter for the AUX input jack (made a HUGE difference in sound quality, when running my iPod off the power outlet there.)
    * Driver's side hatchback release
    * Combined Energy & Consumption data screen... you could tap on one area to expand it full-screen temporarily, then it would revert to combo mode.
    * Elapsed miles for each of the 5-minute MPG bargraph periods
    * Auto-tilt side mirrors, when shifting into Reverse, to see the curbs.

12. coonbutt

coonbutt New Member

One-minute mileage bars instead of 5-min bars. A tachometer and coolant guage. Lever for the back hatch by the gas lever. The seats, again. More front legroom.

13. Xen

Xen New Member

Daytime running lights for U.S. (but not using the HID)
    Auto-on headlights
    Telescopic/better tilting steering wheel
    Moonroof
    Side mirrors that tilt downward in reverse
    Lane change blinker option (my Magnum has this, as do most German cars)
    Rear AC outlet
    Memory/6/8-way seats
    Heated seats
    How about jsut BETTER seat overall?

Basically I would like a tricked out Mini, with all the options but as a Hybrid ;)

14. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xen @ Jun 28 2007, 12:17 PM) [snapback]469585[/snapback]</div>
    The turn signal stalk/switch will turn the blinkers on with low pressure and turn them off when you release it. They only stay on when pressure/movement is sufficient to pass the detent.

15. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Lazers I can set to "stun"... or that I could use to make the phone calls of other drivers drop... so they hang up and drive.

A built-in espresso maker would be nice.

Actually, I would love a better place to put my cellphone... the center console thing is inconvenient for me, to have to open that all the way up to find my phone. My Malibu had one that opened sideways-- it was easier.

Yeah, an espresso maker. With a "stun" setting for defense against agressive drivers.

16. acdii

acdii Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rae Vynn @ Jun 28 2007, 06:51 PM) [snapback]469727[/snapback]</div>
    I stick my cell in the cubby under the radio, fits quite nicely in there. I too would like some cell phone killer device on the car, get the morons who cant see where the heck they are going because they have that damned phone plastered against the side of the head.

17. Dave M

Dave M Junior Member

1. I may be aiming high with this but . . . I want debris proof foglamp lenses. Since the amount of shreadded truck tire I encounter while avoiding the veering semi's continues to increase, I'd like the lenses to be a bit more resiliant. I tried the plastic stickers but they don't help much. My car is an '05 and I'm on my second replacement set.

2. I can take the car not coming equiped with those Japanese Domestic Market parts, I'd just like to have them available from a dealer by catalog. I was not aware that body side mouldings were so exotic; and if we will buy All-Weather floormats, wouldn't they figure we'd want the All-weather cargo mat too?

3. A slightly larger gas tank the almost 11 gallon one is just too odd. I like round numbers. No I don't like liters.

4. An operator updatable SatNav system. Just stick a cd in the dash to upload the lates data. Not as nice as an OnStar clone but still nice.

5. A full size spare as standard equipment. The compact spare was a stupid idea to start with, as are run-flats.

6. Side mirror turn signals as standard equipment.

7. A rubber rear bumper protector as a standard item not the silly decal.

A question for the window sill armrest and open window hand or foot in the breese folks, do you have side curtain airbags? If the answer is yes, I recommend refraining from these activities. Those warning labels are there for a reason.

The heated, cooled and adjustable power seats are great by me. The EMP cannon might be a bit overkill, how about a dampening field generator for handheld cell phones?

Ok, I forgot one. as long as we're adding stuff to the display, how about distance to empty? Or at least a fuel gauge that is accurate below half full.

18. barryjkaufman

barryjkaufman New Member

I'll ad my 2 cents.........6 WAY POWERED MEMORY SEATS,MIRRORS, AND STEERING WHEEL! Is anyone from Toyota checking in with this site, are you listening?