1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What feature do you wish your Prius had?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by norbert, Nov 28, 2004.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    the brightness is adjustable... i find it a bit too bright at times.

besides the brightness knob below the steering wheel to the left, there is also additional contrast and brightness controls under the "display" function.

2. prius04

prius04 New Member

Thanks to sforshay for the lead on the arm rest. I'm going to get it too. How did you find it? I did a google search using a few different descriptions and found nothing.

As for padding on the center console for noisebeam... The center console top is 2 pieces and there are 4 screws holding the pieces together. Quite awhile ago someone posted on Priuschat some pictures of how she put some flowered material on the center console and the two arm rests. It really looked good. The side arm rests would probably take some work and skill but the center console should be a piece of cake.

You could try that except put padding on it before the material. In fact, I might give that a try because I like your idea to have a padded one for longer trips.

You might find the original pics and stuff by doing a search of priuschat. I'll give that a try myself when I get home tonight.

3. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA\";p=\"53505)</div>
    Believe it or not, BT and Nav are linked together for a very good reason... they share some common hardware! When the Nav lady speaks, or you get an incoming phone call, you can hear a quiet but audiable "click" in the background. The left front speaker is actually being switched over to another channel for the output of the phone/nav lady.

Similarly, they both use the mic in the roof. The Nav for voice command, the bluetooth for speaking.

I understand it in a price/cost cutting way. If BT alone had been available, I probably would have gotten just that. But since I have the BT/Nav, I have grown to loooooove the navigation system. I don't think I could ever give it up at this point. :)

4. sforshey

sforshey New Member

Finding the arm rest was an accident. :) I was looking for something else and just ran across it. Luckily I had caught up on Prius Chat the night before.

Sara

5. exces6

exces6 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusham\";p=\"53261)</div>
    Leather interior is available as a factory installed option. It costs $1K extra.

6. ml194152

ml194152 Member

Cruise control that works at slow speeds (like 20 MPH).

Cruise control that remembers the last setting even when you stop at a light and start going again. Hitting the RESUME should accellerate you back to your preset speed. Right now it forgets as soon as you go below a certain speed (something like 30 MPH or so).

I used both features in my old Plymouth Laser many a time and I really miss it.

7. exces6

exces6 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ml194152\";p=\"54519)</div>
    So does this mean if you hit RESUME the car will accelerate without you putting your foot on the pedal?

8. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

to be able to open the hatch when the car is running,er,on,er ready. It's a pain to have to shut it off when your passanger is coming to the car with a package and wants to put it in the hatch and they can't open the hatch till you shut it off. Even a remote button on the dash that would be dissabled when the car was off. Costal Dave you listening?

9. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    How about Anti-Hummer force fields? When I had the rent-a-prius while on vacation, I was nearly taken out by a pissed off Hummer because I wasn't going as fast as he wanted to (I was doing the speedlimit). He went speeding by me as quickly as he could, laying on his horn the whole way.

10. tntna

tntna New Member

I forgot to mention this one. I was showing off the car to a friend. We were driving around and stopped at a red light he asked me why the Prius couldn't change the light to green. Anyone know when Dave is going to have a traffic light changer built?

11. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(exces6\";p=\"54521)</div>
    Yes, though you wouldn't hit resume at 20 MPH if it was last set for 45 MPH. You really don't want "pedal to the metal" acceleration.

My Odyssey had that feature and I liked it a lot. You get up to 'about' where you were and then hit resume rather than having to closely watch the speedo until you get to the desired speed and press 'set' yet again. Probably no big deal where there is a lot of traffic or frequent traffic controls. Around here there are a lot of times you go a mile or 3 at speed, then stop, then back to speed for another mile or 3, etc.

I would like the CC to work like my Odyssey. The master on/off was a 'lighted when on' button switch left of the steering wheel. I always left it on.

12. amberlea

amberlea Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I don't have my Prius yet but I already know some things I wish it had:
    1) sunroof
    2) 6-way adejustable seats
    3) this adjustable headrest like my old Z has.
    4) I wish they came in other colors to chose from too.

But I still can't wait to get it!!!

13. tntna

tntna New Member

I agree with bruceha's cc comments. I haven't really tried resuming after coming to a complete stop. Will have to try that. All the other CC in cars I've had remembered the speed last set. I don't think it would allow you to resume until you were over 15 mph though.

14. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i believe the CC resets at speeds under 25 mph. i have tried to "resume" at 20 mph with no success

15. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frank Hudon\";p=\"54584)</div>
    Frank, if you just hit the unlock button on the driver's left armrest, you can then unlock all doors as well as the hatch without shutting the car off. I don't know if this matters but I programmed the key fob to unlock all four doors when the smart key fob approaches the car.

Give it a try. I do this every time I have to enter the US Dept of Labor in DC to let security guards check what's in the hatch area.

Randy

16. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frank Hudon\";p=\"54584)</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(randalla\";p=\"54779)</div>
    Makes no difference how SmartKey is programmed. That was my wife's #1 Prius complaint until I told her to just hit the unlock button. Now it is the "perfect car."

17. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tntna\";p=\"54617)</div>
    Not needed. The Prius shuts off the ICE at red lights, so you can wait as long as you like without burning gas. Why are you in such a hurry to make the light change?

18. mac2gul

mac2gul New Member

When I want to shut the car off, I don't find the Park button easily when it's after sundown. The button does light up when you press it, but I think it should be lit all the time; one color - say orange - when not engaged and another - say red - when engaged.

19. tag

tag Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco\";p=\"54171)</div>
    The PWR button works for me; everything seems to return to normal after hitting it to turn the system on.

The only thing I noticed is a slight (maybe 2 second) lag when playing a CD.

20. bcool

bcool New Member

My wife was able to open our hatch this morning while the motor was running. I was outside scraping ice off the windows, though, so maybe that had something to do with it.