1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What feature do you wish your Prius had?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by norbert, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy\";p=\"54800)</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(randalla\";p=\"54779)</div>
    Makes no difference how SmartKey is programmed. That was my wife's #1 Prius complaint until I told her to just hit the unlock button. Now it is the "perfect car."
    [/b][/quote]
    thanks that will problably be the best news she has heard about the car.

2. tntna

tntna New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel\";p=\"54809)</div>
    Not needed. The Prius shuts off the ICE at red lights, so you can wait as long as you like without burning gas. Why are you in such a hurry to make the light change?
    [/b][/quote]

So I don't have to stop. I hate hearing all the noise pollution that surrounds my car. :)

3. Paul113

Paul113 New Member

Heateed leather seats. My Jeep and Chrysler Pacifica have 'em and they are great on days like this when it's 20 degrees outside. And on days that it's COLD thay are even nicer......
    Peace,
    Paul

4. gwilliams

gwilliams New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My list would be (in no particular order)

sound system capable of playing MP3s (They spend money on a cassette deck - what's up with that? I haven't owned music in cassette format since 1985....)
    leather seats (OEM, not aftermarket)
    power seats w/memory function (coded to the SM/SS fobs would be nice)
    laser dynamic cruise control (It is great on my 04 Sienna.)
    power moonroof
    doors that automagically lock when the car is moving (If they can detect movement and disable the nav, why can't they lock the doors?)
    Now that you mention it, disable the nav disabling (when the car is in operation). This should at least be done for the passenger. The car obviously can detect a passenger. Watch what happens when you have a passenger who hasn't (yet) fastened their seatbelt (if you want proof).

G.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bcool\";p=\"54845)</div>
    It's a very simple matter of whether or not the hatch is locked. Just like on any car. Except that some cars have a separate release for the hatch. On the Prius, the driver's-door button that unlocks all the doors also unlocks the hatch. Or, if the SKS is programmed to open all the doors it will also open the hatch. It has nothing to do with the motor.

Here's something else I'd like: A plug-in to pre-heat the cab, not the engine. That would certainly be more efficient than letting the ICE run for 5 minutes before driving when it's 20 below zero (F) outside.

I agree with an earlier poster that the Park button should be lit when it's not engaged, so you can find it in the dark. You don't need to see it when it's engaged, because the gear indicator on the dash tells you. On the other hand, it's a small matter, since I seldom use it, as the car goes into Park when you shut it off.

6. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Not only should the park button be lit, but all the buttons not backlit should be backlit. Ever try and find the ODO button in the dark? Or the hazard even.

7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    actually having the Park button backlit would be a good idea. but for me, i know its location so well that i have noticed that i have no problem seeing its location even in near total darkness. i noticed that the light from the MFD doesnt fall on this area at all.

8. Hytec

Hytec New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The Hazard button is backlit on my '05, can't speak about anybody else's though.

9. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If the NAV lady can tell me to turn.. Left..Right..Make a LEGAL 'U' turn... why can't tell me that the car is in reverse...that would be a nice thing...better than the beep..

also she could multi-task..telling my door is open (actually which one..and not a-jar, cause I know it's a door not a jar) that someone doesn't have a seat belt on..and exactly who that someone is..

Bob Andersen

10. norbert

norbert New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gwilliams\";p=\"54949)</div>
    The cassette is so you can use your cassette adapter to play your MP3 player through your sound system. :)

11. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(norbert\";p=\"55261)</div>
    Or it is for playing “Motivational Tapes†which are still done in tape format. Hmmmm, I wonder if they are suffering a lack of motivation when it comes to changing formats? :eek: :wink:

12. Prius Maximus

Prius Maximus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Here's my list...

I didn't go through the 6 pages of messages, so I don't know if these are duplicated but here's my list:

1. on the DVD nav, for x-country driving I would like E, S, W up options in addition to N or ahead up. In curvy roads ahead up flips around too much.

2. Let me turn down the levels on the beeps.

3. A climate fan speed switch on the steering wheel. (or a few customizable buttons - I don't need the phone buttons and never use the recirculate/max AC buttons on the wheel.)

4. combined energy/consumption screen.

5. move the gear lever away from the steering wheel a little, I bump it into B occasionally. Oh, and it would be nice if D was up and R was down.

6. A light under the hood.

7. Back to the DVD NAV, let my passenger set destinations etc while the car is moving, without having to mod it out and mess with the 20 second reset.

8. Tire pressure monitors with display on MFD. I'm getting lazy in my old age, and why not high tech stuff in a high tech car?

9. ICE/EV mode indicators.

10. How about a display screen on the back so I can message the driver behind me to pass or get off my a**. Although this would be good for any car. On a 2 lane country road, when I slow down to 45 and pull way to the right, why don't they get the idea and pass??? They just slow down and keep tailgating. AAARRRGGGGHHHH.

13. roger

roger New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Tideland, the drivers seat IS height adjustable....

14. melburstein

melburstein Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My two wishes are:

(1) a lever to pop open the lift back from inside the car; and/or a button on the fob to do the same thing.
    (2) power control to slide the front seats forward/backwards.

Mel
    2004 Prius BC/#9
    "The Silver Egg"

15. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's only adjustable on Euro and Japanese and I guess Australian vehicles

16. prius04

prius04 New Member

A lot of the suggestions in this thread are wonderful ideas. But the Prius is a $20,000 to 26,000 car.

Many of these ideas go into $40,000 cars.

Now it will happen that you (we) will someday have the chance to get 100% of these ideas in a future car. It just won't be called a Prius.

I like the car pretty much the way it is. Any fancier and it would be too much car for me. In fact, if they make it much bigger in the future, like the way the Camry grew in size over the last 15 years, I won't be as interested.

17. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I finaly figured out something i wish the prius had. Before, i wish it had silly little things, like invisibility.. actualy.. it's pretty invisible as is.

The one thing i wish for to be different.. or.. to add on

When using the navigation, you can only type in 5 destinations for a list. I wish i could type in more. I use the prius for my job and a lot of times i have more than 5 deliveries. So, i have to take extra time to figure out where they are and group them before typing anythign into my nav. It's kindof annoying. Any way to magicaly expand the limit? Maybe the upgrade was a software upgrade too?

18. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

You are right, it is backlit. Discovered so is the Park button. Wish the ODO button was.

19. DBM

DBM New Member

How about a WiFi connection to the NAV?

This way while the car is in the garage you can dump addresses from your computer to the car. Using a keyboard is a lot easier than the non-QWERTY touch keyboard the navi has. And speaking of interfaces, how about an IrDA interface so you can transfer data from a Palm?

20. noisebeam

noisebeam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How?